“Fantastic afternoon tea”

Lanes of London
Ranked #1,017 of 24,667 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Lanes of London is a modern British eatery and bar located on Park Lane, Mayfair. Offering a delicious seasonal menu, using locally sourced British rare-breed and wild food produce. Alongside a food menu that delivers great flavours, Lanes of London bar serves great wines, craft beers and excellent cocktails. Set within a contemporary space, the combination of authentic food, relaxed atmosphere, friendly service and live music nights, makes Lanes of London a unique dining and socialising destination on Park Lane. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, Lanes of London also features a private dining room for intimate private parties.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with my daughter and it is probably one of the best afternoon teas we have had. There was a wonderful selection of beautiful teas plus free flowing bubbles and unusual food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Terry4165483
Cemal185, Manager at Lanes of London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Terry4165483,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your recent visit for afternoon tea.

I have past your kind review on to our service team who, like yself, where very happy to hear you enjopyed your experience.

kind regards

Cemal

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice decor however the afternoon tea was not value for money. Took 20 mins to get a pot of tea, and even then we had to ask. Another 15 mins before any food arrived. One member of the party had gluten free afternoon tea (advised in advance) and the selection was very poor - a salad instead of scones, hard bread, a bowl of berries and a sorbet which arrived melted plus a few sweet treats (no cake). Scones for the non-gluten free guest were definitely not fresh.
Had to ask twice for more tea, and there was no offer of additional food. Staff were not attentive.
I will not be returning and would not recommend.

Cemal185, Manager at Lanes of London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Steph M,

Thank you for your honest and valuable feedback.

I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for your experience which did neither meet your expectations nor our standards.

Please be assured that I have taken your feedback into discussion with our Food and Beverage Manager as well as our Head Chef.
We will ensure that the gluten free selection at Lanes of London will be as appealing as the regular one as it should be.

Your feedback will be discussed with the team as well to ensure the highest quality of service is provided at all times.

Please feel free to contact me directly on johanna.haapaniemi@marriott.com may you wish to provide me with further details on your experience.

Again, thank you very much for the feedback, and on behalf of the whole team, we apologize for the disappointing experience you had.

With kind regards,

Johanna Haapaniemi
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a wonderful experience. We booked in for the free flowing bubbles afternoon tea and we were not disappointed.

The food was excellent and surprisingly filling. The staff explained the different teas to us, they also ensured that my allergy was well documented and informed me that nothing I had contained strawberries.

The bubbles were definitely free flowing and as soon as staff saw our glasses were empty or getting close to being empty they were there refilling up our drinks.

As a non-tea / non-caffeine drinker I thoroughly enjoyed the peppermint tea.

A special mention has to be given to William Fox. I had read reviews on here and noticed his name badge and mentioned the reviews. He was excellent. Friendly, chatting away and always making sure that our glasses were full. He simply could not do enough for you....we are sorry we left without saying goodbye but we couldn’t go through the emotional goodbye haha.

We loved our visit there and recommend it to anyone thinking about going there.

2  Thank TyRa63
Cemal185, Manager at Lanes of London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear TyRa63

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review.

Being able to help our customers have the perfect experience and hearing how happy they are is what makes working in hospitality so wonderful.

I am glad you didn't say goodbye as I hope I can again get the chance to deliver you another wonderful experience.

All the best,

William Fox

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent food well presented.
Our waiter was attentive and professional at all times.
Would highly recommend the afternoon tea worth every penny.

Cemal185, Manager at Lanes of London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Deb C,

thank you so much for your review and feedback about the food and service.

I shared this comment with our team members who have been very happy about this.

Please do let us know if you wish you to come back so I can personally meet you.

Best regards,

Robert Klopper
F&B Manager

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We visited Lanes as a family party of 6 for Sunday Brunch. Beautiful surroundings and excellent professional staff. They had had a problem in the kitchen the morning we visited so food preparation took a little longer but due to the courteous staff this did not detract from the experience at all.
Will definitely be revisiting.

Dear Suejonessmj,

thank you so much for your review and your honest comment our your visit at Lanes of London.

The team did their best in order to manage this unique situation last week. It is great to hear this also from you.

I shared this comment with the team who appreciated it very much.

Please do let us know in case you would like to come back.

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Robert Klopper
F&B Manager

Been to Lanes of London? Share your experiences!