“Has potential to be so much more!”
Review of Gran Paradiso - CLOSED

Gran Paradiso
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
Description: "A very well known restaurant that has been providing good value cooking for the last 30 years. The interior is tastefully decorated and the tables are not too crammed together so that you are forced to listen to your neighbours' conversation, whether you want to or not. All this is good news for the many politicians who frequent (it's within reach of the Divisional Bell). What's cooking? Original Italian cuisine, in particular specialities from Tuscany. Salads are made with ingredients from the owner Sandro's own garden and fresh fish is delivered twice a day from Brighton."
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We had a pre theatre dinner here. We arrived and were shown to our seats quickly and given some bread, butter and olives.
The waiter gave us the menu and left us to it, hardly said a word. We chose our meals and the food arrived quickly. I had bolognase and my husband had lasagne. The food was average, the pasta was overcooked.
We both enjoyed a piece of tiramisu for dessert.
The meal was £55 for 2 courses including a side salad, a litre of water and a small bottle of Peroni.
The restaurant has so much potential, but sadly fails to deliver.

2  Thank Minishone

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The best meal we had in London, for flavour, quality and value. After the amazing fresh made bread we started with the antipasto and then moved on to pasta for the main, all of which was excellent. Noodles were perfect as were all the sauces. Next time we are in London we will be back.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

The Gran Paradiso has been a favourite of ours for quite a few years, we go there on special occasions throughout the year.We have always had good service and the staff have always been attentive, however last night we had booked in advance, arrived on time only to be greeted by the lady host who seemed very vague, and suggested we could sit anywhere, when usually if booked would have had a reserved table, not even sat down when the bread basket pushed under our noses, I commented to the waiter to give me a chance to sit down and put my bags down before I chose,he then whisked the bread away ignoring me completely, we then asked to move tables as it was not busy, this seemed to be a chore...after the main course and the table cleared we then waited at least 15mins before asking us if we would like desert-too late we cried, would have understood if the restaurant had been really busy but this was not the case, food was excellent but was let down by the service and nonchalant air of the hosts-sadly this has put us off for booking in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

On a cold and windy evening we were going to go into the Chinese next door when we spotted through the window tables with white table cloths and decided to go in.
We were welcomed and shown to our table.
The food was superb and the house wine excellent. The bill was reasonable and when next back in the area would certainly return.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Meeting up with a friend on a really cold, raining & windy day we popped into the Gran Paradiso for a meal. What a nice surprise it was. I had real Italian minestrone soup while my friend had a Caesar salad. Mine was followed by 2 sea bass fillets with a selection of mixed vegetables. My friend had the wild mushroom tagliatelle. The food was beautifully cooked & was served by attentive waiters. We were too full up for desert but had coffee instead. I would definitely visit this restaurant again when in London.