“Decent lunch near the museums”
Review of Oriental Canteen

Oriental Canteen
Ranked #12,087 of 23,992 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Malaysian, Singaporean
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The food here is quite good at a reasonable price. Nothing special, but decent. It looks a bit dodgy, but it's not that bad. Staff was friendly, but their english wasn't that great. It didn't seem like they have forks, so you will most likely need to use chopsticks.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Popped here after a very long afternoon of shopping.
Most items were sold out but nonetheless we chose seafood udon noodles, spicy soup, paratha and mini pancake rolls with a couple of beers for £21.
Tasty and great value after a tiring day.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The restaurant didn't look very unhygienic but as my friends and I were quite hungry we decided to stay anyway. My friend ordered an orange juice, which she couldn't drink as a fly was in it. When the main dishes came the portions were small and my food was slightly burnt and got cold very quickly whereas my friends chicken was not cooked. It was extremely disappointing.

1  Thank Ro12345677
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I visited this restaurant with my friends. The moment that I entered, I noticed the grubby interior. Our table wasn't cleaned properly and there was still something sticky on our table surface. My spoon was dirty.
The price here is reasonable but the portions are small. Once we started eating, I noticed a COCKROACH in one of the noodles dishes that my friend ordered. We told the staff about this, and we were not charged for our meals. However I will not go back there again.

2  Thank nate125
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Was expecting some good food here. It should be a good cheap eat, but the portions were quite small, the food was warm rather than hot, and generally just didn't hit the mark. Service seemed acceptable, but would rather try somewhere else than return.