“Disappointing to Say the Least”
Review of Sidi Maarouf

Sidi Maarouf
Ranked #1,873 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$52
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Sidi Maarouf is situated a stones throw away from Marble Arch. It is a beautifully designed Moroccan restaurant with a very authentic interior with billowing silk curtains and dark wood furniture. As you set foot into the restaurant you come under the illusion that you are entering a magnificent tent in the desert. Every evening while dining you will be entertained by our live band and a variety of belly dancers, which is the perfect complement to the delicious food. The menu has a vast selection of starters and main courses to choose from with a variety of mouth watering flavors, followed by the delicious baklawa which is ideal while sipping our famous Moroccan tea! Open 7 days a week from 12 noon to 12pm.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing to Say the Least”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

A large restaurant with a cover charge for belly dancers that perform forever. The atmosphere is not memorable and not conducive to a pleasant dinner. The food is so-so to less than that. The service could not be considered attentive. Definitely not worth a second try.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank larryderm

London, United Kingdom
“Hated this place, rude, arrogant and up themselves! NEVER again!”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I ate here and was served frozen starters. They must've flash fried the food. I was put off the mains and was told I couldn't cancel it. I was shocked that I've just said leave the rest of my order based on the starters being pathetic. I was really agitated by their attitudes so just said its not fair for them to continue making food as I didn't trust the quality. To cut a long story short, the owner went on about how much business Maroush does and how people spend £££'s there - well guess what arrogant business operators, I hope people read this and understand that firstly you're a rip off, and secondly, your attitudes stink. Get over it, customers make a place, unfortunately for you I spend on many events through the year and actually came to scope it out for a client event - glad I visited before hand. Poor food, arrogant up themselves waiters, and bad attitudes.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank J L
Genoa, Italy
“good food great entertainment”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We ate in this restaurant twice on our 4 day break in London.

Good food, wine and entertainment.

Lamb tagine and saffron rice to die for

A huge platter of various fresh fruit included in the price

• Visited March 2012
London
“Pathetic service and waiters with attitudes”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

The food was great, the decor was nice and the shisha was disgusting. Shisha pipes were not high quality egyptian pipes (khalil mamoon, most places use these in london) and the waiters made it taste like coal. £18 for a horrid shisha which was returned after 5minutes but was still paid for. The waiters refused to change the shisha or the coals, or even empty some of the water out of the vase. The waiters are arrogant, intellectually challenged and very bad at doing their job. A nice meal was ruined by arrogant and rude waiters.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Howard-K-Ng
London
“Lovely Food Lonely Lunch”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

If you walk north from Marble Arch you will find most of the restaurants in the first 200m are associated with Maroush. I have enjoyed a long and very enjoyable dining association with them since finding their first in High Street Kensington then at various places in London. Finding Maroush now offering Moroccan food I was intrigued enough to pass the portal and the shiskah smokers outside. The prices are fair, they sell half bottles of wine for exactly half the price of a full one. The Fatoush was huge, but I had ordered a Tagine so I nibbled along while it cooked. The waitress outside was fairly busy my waiter inside only had me as a customer. When my Tagine arrived I was impressed, it was very well cooked and presented. Maroush have so many seats in the area as long as they maintain the food standard I don't mind the well furnished wide open spaces and personal waiter.

• Visited March 2012