“Under Starters Orders”

Price range: US$27 - US$54
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Sidi Maarouf is situated a stones throw away from Marble Arch. It is a beautifully designed Moroccan restaurant with a very authentic interior with billowing silk curtains and dark wood furniture. As you set foot into the restaurant you come under the illusion that you are entering a magnificent tent in the desert. Every evening while dining you will be entertained by our live band and a variety of belly dancers, which is the perfect complement to the delicious food. The menu has a vast selection of starters and main courses to choose from with a variety of mouth watering flavors, followed by the delicious baklawa which is ideal while sipping our famous Moroccan tea! Open 7 days a week from 12 noon to 12pm.
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was looking forward to some good Marrocan food which is one of my favourites. On entering, the restaurant is impressively decorated and the welcome friendly. However, our waiter seemed slightly surly and not very interested. He did, though, remember our entire order without writing anything down. A little disconcerting as we waited to see if what we ordered would actually arrive. The starters were very good, tasty and plentiful and we were warming to the place. When the mains arrived, it seemed like the emphasis was on "filling" rather than flavorful and we wished we had stuck with the starters. Music - great. No Belly Dancer that night. Nice House Wine. Not good enough for a repeat visit considering how many other restaurants of that type in the area.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I dined at Sidi Maroush on a very recent trip to London. The restaurant is very nice based on first impressions with its decor. We began the meal with some hommus which was excellent. The starters of chicken livers and grilled chicken wings were decent enough. For main, I had grilled lamb while my friend had a lamb tagine. Both were ok without being exceptional.

Overall, decent enough.

1  Thank klkh2002
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The food (chicken tagine) is always to the highest standard , I would always make sure that I have the time to visit this restaurant when I am in London , very attentive staff , great music and live dance , NICE FAMILY FRIENDLY RESTAURANT

2  Thank Pahlbod T
Reviewed 15 June 2013

In the heart of Arab London on Edgeware Road, part of Maroush chain owned by Lebanese Druze restaurant king Maarouf Abu Zaki. Samira gracious Maroccan hostess. Often a belly dancer in evening, wonderful Maroccan specialties, as well as other Arab delights. My North African friends tell me that the food is quite authentic. To my palate, everything really well-prepared, graciously served - and resonably priced. Always delightful.

2  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I visited here on a Saturday night for a friends birthday, there was live music and a belly dancer which I think is available most nights. This Moroccan themed restaurant has good decor and the food is well-priced, authentic and reasonably priced as would be expected from a restaurant in the Maroush group where I have never had a bad Lebanese meal. The music is loud, so if you want to have a conversation then ask when booking to be placed away from it. You don't miss out as the belly dancer comes round all the tables. At the end of the meal, you get a complimentary platter of fruit which is a nice touch. The starters are massive and it came to under £30 each for some shared starters a main and a glass of wine. The wines are a bit over-priced but this is a very central location and the rest is reasonable. It is a nice place for families too, there was a little toddler there and they had her up, dancing to the music. The music itself is just ok, arabic style but all in all it added to the atmosphere they just need to make it a bit quieter so you can have a chat too. There are lots of locals from the arabic community on the Edgware Road area which is always a good sign when it comes to the food. There are hookahs outside if you fancy a puff too

1  Thank Elizab_M