“Stylish bar”

Ranked #9 of 257 Bars & Pubs in London
Price range: US$0 - US$61
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: Named World’s Best Bar 2017 in World’s 50 Best Bars awards, and winner of World’s Best International Bar Team 2016 at Tales of the Cocktail awards, The Savoy’s American Bar is one of the most iconic bars in the world and the longest surviving ‘American Bar’ in London. In 1903 the first truly ‘famous’ bartender arrived at The American Bar, a lady named Ada ‘Coley’ Coleman, whose signature cocktail was the Hanky Panky, still a popular choice today. Ada’s successor was the inspirational Harry Craddock, who not only created a number of classic cocktails but who notoriously compiled these recipes into the legendary Savoy Cocktail book, still regarded today as the bartender’s bible. Following The Savoy’s restoration, the American Bar appointed its eleventh head bartender, Erik Lorincz. A world-renowned bartender himself, Erik was officially recognised as such in 2011 when he was awarded Best International Bartender at Tales of The Cocktail.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very suave & sophisticated Art Deco cocktail bar. Obviously not cheap with cocktails starting at around £18 but well worth the experience all the same. The stylish book of cocktails is a work of art in itself. If you haven’t reserved a table you might be unlucky if you just turn up. We sat at the bar to get closer to the action as the skilled mixologists work their magic.

PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at American Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Zigett,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The American Bar. It is always wonderful to hear about our guests experiences and truly rewarding to hear such positive comments. I am thrilled you enjoyed the unique and iconic atmosphere of The American Bar, as well as the wonderful cocktails our talented team take such pride in creating for our guests!

We do hope you will return to The Savoy for another memorable experience very soon.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was looking for a place to drink, found myself in the area and gave it a go. Even though I was just by myself I never felt neglected. At the entrance I was led by a gentleman towards a table but decided I wanted to sit at the bar since I was alone. When I was seated I was introduced to my bartender Angelo. What a fantastic lad he is. Extremely knowledgeable, always smiling and always keeping me engaged in a conversation. The nibbles that came with the cocktails were delicious and a very fine extra touch. As I left the bar the only thing I could think of was that I will definitely come back. Thank you guys for the experience, I will return for sure.

Dear Mark R,

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Atmosphere was fab! Staff and atmosphere made the place with great live music. You felt somewhere really special felt like you were so important! Added bonus was the cocktails were pretty cool too!

Dear Aurelija S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback following your recent visit to The Savoy. We are delighted you enjoyed the American Bar, and do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited for pre dinner drinks with my friend.

Superb service from Angelo. Delightful venue. Full of nostalgia.

Would definitely recommend a visit

Dear Julia B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback following your recent visit to The Savoy. We are delighted you enjoyed the American Bar, and I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with Angelo.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a pre dinner champagne and after our experience in Champagne et Fromage we were expecting a lot but were incredibly disappointed.
We encountered a very rude waiter who was unhelpful. We had a very expensive and awful champagne. Over £30 a glass plus service on top .
On the plus side the music was good but there wasn’t a particularly good atmosphere.

PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at The Savoy at American Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear lowsonfordllama,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The American Bar, and for your feedback. We do aim to provide the very best offering for our guests and to exceed their expectations, so I am sorry if your experience did not entirely achieve this.

We do hope that you will consider visiting us again very soon so we may have another chance to exceed your expectations.

Kindest regards,