“Very Welcoming”

Ranked #4,544 of 23,994 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Cuisines: Pub
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: The Carpenters Arms is an oasis amongst the hustle and bustle of the West End of London with one of Europe's busiest shopping venues Oxford Street and one of the largest parks Hyde Park just around the corner. The Carpenters Arms being a Locals local where a warm welcome is given to all who walk through its doors. Being a Freehouse means that there is a constant differing selection of Ales and Lagers on offer.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was on a European trip from St. Louis, MO and stayed at the Holiday Inn down the street from Carpenter's, so we made the trek there one evening for drinks. The staff acted like family towards my friends and me - as if I was at the local pub in my home town neighborhood. We tried virtually every beer in the place, sampled various top shelf 'American's can't handle that strong of liquor' shots, attempted terrible British accents, and once we got back to the hotel lobby, my buddy puked in a plant...which my the Holiday Inn staff very unhappy. I consider the night a success. Thanks for a boss night in London, Carpenter's!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you are looking for a quiet drink inside or out then this is the place. We found it last year and revisited on this trip to London. Very good service, good beer and very reasonably priced. Friendly staff and locals and well located just behind Marble Arch. Try it as I believe you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This bar is very nice with nice staff and I really like the food here. Good choice if you're in the area. If you don't know where it is you should find it just by Goodge Street station.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I always try to call into the Carpenters when in London, a really friendly feel good pub. I'm mostly alone when I call in here but never felt uncomfortable when having a drink. the bar staff and customer are very friendly and somebodyt will usually strike up a conversation.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

The Carpenters Arms on Seymour Place, Westminster.
Happened to be passing and amidst the bistros and cafés was a beautiful, traditional English pub. Serving great Ales, nice wines for the Mrs, a selection of papers to read and pork pies to munch on. This pub said everything of what makes pubs great and how we must ensure their future. Next time I won't be passing, I'll be heading straight to the Carpenters. Brilliant