“Fantastic atmosphere -shame about the service.”

Munich Cricket Club
Ranked #5,166 of 27,197 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Description: Munich Cricket Club, a modern take on a classic bierkeller! We bring the fun to London Victoria! Enjoy authentic Bavarian food, steins of Munich beer and classic cocktails with a twist, how does an apple strudel martini sound? If this doesn't get your inner German out, we can guarantee that our weekly Oompha bands will! Get your lederhosen's on and join us for an experience to remember.
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We went as a large group on Saturday evening (works do)
I was the first to arrive (as the organiser) and was greeted at the door by the waitress who rather rudely told me that I was overdressed!

We had specifically booked early for Happy Hour and the party came in at different times. We ordered the first lot of cocktails which took 20 minutes to arrive (10 cocktails - understandable) the next lot of cocktails took 35 minutes (4 drinks? ) The cocktails tasted brilliant and on the 2 for 1 great value.

The band were amazing and really made the night and had everyone up singing and dancing.

The only downside was that we had to chase up the drinks quite often- but the whole group said how enjoyable it was and would like to return. I probably should have refused to pay the £22 in service added to my bill -but apart from that it was good value.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Rude greeting; wobbly bench to sit on and table pushed to one side. Went to order food at the bar and then told “ask a waitress” when I did rudely told “not for another 15mins” - very high prices on drink and beer. Avoid. Much better places around Victoria than this.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

We popped in on a rainy Saturday night, no booking but no problem. Friendly and attentive staff, great selection of German beers and hearty plates of tasty food. Oompah band provided the soundtrack and soon enough everyone was up on the wooden benches, singing and dancing.

Great atmosphere and a great night out, highly recommended.

Bis bald

1  Thank dannym490
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t been to MCC for awhile so decided to go back & have a few German beers & I wasn’t disappointed. Located not too far from St. James’s underground station & approximately 10 minutes walk from Parliament square. Situated below ground with a distinct Bierkeller feeling about this place. Team were really friendly & happy to assist. It can be so busy at times but luckily for me I missed the lunchtime rush. An extensive choice of on-tap & bottle beers. On this occasion my preference was Spaten Helles & Paulaner Weißbier. Enjoyed relaxing away from the busy streets of London above. Won’t leave it so long to go back again. Food is also available & looked really good.

1  Thank Gaz-Liverpool-UK
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We were in the area and popped in for lunch (the restaurant was a little dead, but it seems like more of an evening venue). My boyfriend opted for the business lunch deal which was excellent value for money (schnitzel with chips and salad, apple strudel and a shot of schnapps for £10) and I opted for the veggie schnitzel. My boyfriend is from Germany and was really impressed with the food (he even said the schnitzel was better than his mum's!), and I was pleased to have a vegetarian option which was also very good. The selection of beers was excellent and our waitress was very nice and friendly. We will definitely be back, but perhaps for dinner next time.

Date of visit: August 2018