“Porchetta at ASK”

Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bloomsbury
Description: ASK Italian in Southampton Row is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Southampton Row menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
London, United Kingdom
“Porchetta at ASK”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you are in London and fancy Porchetta with sage and potatoes go to ASK when the head chef Alfred is cooking. He cooks the best Porchetta I have ever eaten. I am fortunate to live down the road so I have now given up cooking pork. The Porchetta, I understand, comes from Italy and he cooks it to perfection.
Rosemary Dunne-Smith

• Visited January 2014

Southport, United Kingdom
“Cold pizza”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

The title says it all really. For over £11, I would have expected my pizza to have at least been heated. Apart from that, it didn't even look appetising. With so much choice in London, I don't think I'll be visiting a branch of Ask again.

Visited November 2013
Nova Scotia
“Wonderful service”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Chose this restaurant as it was a short walk from the British Museum. Was meeting a couple of old friends on my last night in London before heading home. We all arrived at different times but this didn't bother the staff. We had excellent service all evening and the food was pretty good. I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Manager should make it go far”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

An 'Ask' restaurant not on the 'tourist trail' but well worth a visit. The manager, Christoph, is engaging and friendly - he advised us on a choice of wine as an example - and the food is much better than the 'average' chain standard!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Worsey74
Auckland, New Zealand
“Poor quality ingredients and preparation”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I chose a chef's salad as it seemed an easy option on a hot day. I was disappointed to find it lacking several of the ingredients mentioned in the menu, that it featured rock-hard avocado, and that the chef had forgotten to put any dressing on it.

Not impressed.

Fortunately I had a voucher so I didn't pay full price.

• Visited August 2013