“Am I missing something?”

Benugo - Curzon Street
Ranked #7,473 of 23,845 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Benugo is good and your lunch is prepared freshly for you from its decent menu. But then that's true of a lot of places and they're not as pricey. The inside is OK - utilitarian with a large central wooden table and window bar stools - but others (notably Pret) do it better. I left feeling that it was OK but not worth the premium or a detour to go there.

5  Thank NBLondon

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Having had a terrible experience at their Luton Airport outlet I was given a voucher to use for less than my original outlay . Management had very little argument as I sent them photos of the filthy surroundings! I still have the photos if they want reminding. The staff at Luton were rude too. Went to use the voucher today and was told at the till the vouchers had expired!! What an absolute disgrace .A sham . Thank goodness for Pret!

9  Thank MollieArchie
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Great coffee, very friendly service and generally great atmosphere, me and my friends love there cakes!!!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

The place looked a bit bleak at lunchtime on Saturday. One long wooden table and a small table, all empty. To be fair, they cater mainly to people who work nearby. There was an interesting selection of panini fillings, and personally I found the staff friendly and helpful. I ordered the Parisian: brie, onion marmalade and mustard mayonnaise on “rustic bread”. The ingredients tasted fresh and went well together, with the mustard mayo and the onion marmalade adding interest and bite but not overwhelming the brie. It wasn’t enormous, but enough for lunch on the go. It took the team five minutes or more to warm it through and bring me a cappuccino. No matter. I wasn't in a rush. But if they take this long to serve only me and a couple of take away customers, it is clearly not the place to go if you are. The bill came to £7.55 to eat in. This is a lot for a sandwich and a coffee, but not outrageous for Mayfair.

1  Thank stickybowl
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Great for lunch out of the office - healthier than other nearby options. Try the New Yorker - it is fantastic!

1  Thank Atin K