“Loved it”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: If you are looking for exceptional food, friendly staff and a vibrant atmosphere in the heart of London's Soho and Covent Garden, then Bistro 1 should be your first port of call. With 10 years of experience, time and patience have gone into making a traditionally inspired Mediterranean menu; bursting with fresh fish, meat and vegetarian dishes. Bistro 1 has pooled the historic flavours of the warm climate of Southern Europe into London's historic quarters. London offers residents and visitors a global perspective on life and the wine list exemplifies the cosmopolitan nature of this city. From Chilean Sauvignon Blanc to Argentinean Shiraz, Bistro 1 aims to delight even the finest wine connoisseur.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Found this little Mediterranean restaurant quite by chance while looking for somewhere to eat before a show.

The service is wonderful as was the food , excellent value for London it's amazing.

Only one other (again small) restaurant was better the whole week in London , I highly recommend and hope I find time to visit again next time I m in London.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I wasn't too sure what to expect from Bistro 1 but after reading the reviews decided to give it a go. WOW, I am so glad I did as the whole experience was amazing. The food was so fresh and we only paid £13.90 for a 3 course meal which for the Covent Garden is amazing value.
For the price we paid I am blown away with the quality of the food and the freshness. I had fish which was amazing and the other dishes my family ordered were just as nice.
The service was great. We were upstairs right by the window which made it feel like alfresco dining without being outside. The waiter was attentive without being overbearing ensuring that we were ok for refreshments and the times between each course was great.
I can't wait to go back there.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I visit London frequently to go to the Theatre - on this occasion I had booked a 2 show day and the evening show I was attending on my own..having some time to spare I looked around for somewhere reasonable to eat - quite a feat in Central London let alone the Covent Garden area!
Bistro 1 is only minutes walk away from many of the theatres in The West End and I would definitely recommend you check it out! There is no getting away from the fact that there are no frills at this restaurant, but it has beautiful Turkish hanging lights that create a nice ambience. I was amazed at the extensive choice of the set menu - at £11.90 for 2 courses it cant really be beaten! I was a little nervous having never eaten out on my own before, but the staff were very friendly and attentive bringing a basket of complimentary bread before my meal and Olives were already on the table. I chose Calamari as my starter - it was crispy and delicious. For my main I chose a meat Moussaka which was homemade and so tasty - it was served with salad and rice. If time had allowed I would have loved to have a desert for a few pounds more - if you are looking for good food that is wonderful value with no frills then this is the place! I will certainly be returning!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We pre booked this restaurant for 2 adults and 4 children having been to the matinee at the theatre. The staff were well organised, helpful and very friendly. The set menu offers plenty of choices at good value prices, and the portion sizes were perfect. The food was all lovely and appeared homemade. Overall an excellent little bistro -a perfect place to eat after a great day out in London.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat near Covent Garden. There are lots of chain restaurants in the area, but it was nice to find something slightly different but not over priced. We were there early evening, and got seated straight away. There was a nice mix of people in the restaurant, some pre-show, and others were clearly regulars. All ages, including children. Menu had something for everyone, I am a vegetarian, and my husband is a carnivore who likes traditional food. I had a beautiful meze plate for a starter, and a goats cheese and spinach pancake for main. My husband had steak for main, and I was so busy enjoying my meze I can't remember what he had for starter.
Don't be put off by the decor, the staff were efficient and friendly, and it has a lovely relaxed atmosphere. The food was tasty and excellent value, especially when you consider its location. We were very happy, and will be going back next time we are in London.