“Delicious Vietnamese Food”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: East End / East London
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My partner took me here as a bit of a surprise end to the day and I was very impressed. The food is superb and excellent value for money. Although the place was quite busy, we were given a table quite quickly (although you were made to feel that you had to leave quite quickly after finishing - little bit off putting!). The food was fresh and very well cooked with a huge choice of dishes. Great littl eplace to bank for future visits!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have eaten here several times in the past couple of months and have not had anything that hasn't been fresh and delicious. Try the pancakes with chicken and prawns as a starter; you won't be disappointed! Mango and papaya salads are tangy and spicy and full of flavour. Fresh juices and smoothies are also lovely.
If you are on Mare Street, don't pass this place by!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We lunched here on a Saturday with friends. There were surprisingly few other diners but I understand that this is not typical. For those who enjoy highly spiced food this was an exceptional meal. And for those who don't there were alternatives. Similarly for vegetarians. Portions were generous and the staff patient and helpful. Would certainly visit again when possible. It is worth travelling to.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Not looking great from the outside but recommended so I gave it a try and it was OK - perhaps my expectations were too high! The service was better than promised after the reviews here and being told on arrival (we had booked!) that the chef was in a meeting but the food was on time and adequate but not spectacular. Spring rolls and stir fried prawns - both reminiscent of chinese food - maybe a little less greasy but still quite good. Waiters suggestions were more geared to profit than customer satisfaction but aren't they always?

Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

The stock for the pho is the strongest richest most delicious flavour out of the variety I have tried in London. All the expected accompaniments, very fresh and generous portions which they were happy to box up in a doggy bag for me to take away. The cha gio was perfectly crispy with balanced flavours, unlike other restaurants nearby that overseason them and are soggier and chewier. The Vietnamese iced coffee is the nicest I've had with the most generous yummy layer of condensed milk. I wasn't expecting the honeydew melon milk drink to be more like a bubble tea than a milkshake but it was really good - I normally hate tapioca balls but these were okay. The restaurant itself is in much nicer condition than others on the road, bigger, better decorated, comfortable. Shame there isn't outdoor seating but I'd rather have nicer food than sit on the pavement. Practially the same price as any of the others; about £7 for a dish and the website is much better than competitors. The only annoyance was the service; very friendly but so slow - took a long while to get the drinks and then forever to get the bill.. we had to leave the table and wait at the till for ages before they bothered to take payment. The service in other places isn't amazing either though. Despite that I'd go back for sure and it's my preference compared to the rest around.