“Great Value place, just on the fringes of Chinatown”
Review of Cafe de Hong Kong - CLOSED

Cafe de Hong Kong
Price range: US$10 - US$53
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I always eat in this place when in Chinatown. The portions are plentiful and the food is served piping hot and quickly.

I normally always go with a Beef Ho Fun and I'm yet to be dissapointed. You can be in and out of here within 25minutes not bad considering the food is all cooked fresh.

1  Thank OFM77
There are newer reviews for Cafe de Hong Kong

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stopped here after attending a conference one weekday evening. I didn't have a reservation, but this was not a problem, as the restaurant had two floors of tables. I was shown to the 2nd floor, even though they had room on the 1st floor ... not sure what the reason was ... however, it was pleasant to sit watching the street scene below.

I ordered the Aubergine & Chicken hotpot with steamed rice for my main, and the dish had a deep, rich flavour and was piping hot. There was plenty of steamed rice (I didn't finish it), and this, too, was hot. For dessert, I had fresh lychees, which were served on a bed of crushed ice. A nice fresh finish to a meal.

The restaurant has a no-frills approach to food (as the photos will show), but the food was tasty & very warm, and the service attentive. I would happily stop in again, especially as they have a lunchtime offer and I think I saw a Dim Sum offer as well.

1  Thank roosterza
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Well and truely reminded me of being in Hong Kong, meals come out very and the decor of the place in very similar to a hong kong diner! I miss all the bubble tea and hong kong milk tea! but it was ok!

1  Thank kbtang
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Authentic Hong Kong diner, right down to the MTR map replica and faux French!

The music is loud, the waiters are rude, the china is plastic, and the TV is always on, but what else would you expect from a HK diner? The char siu is sliced thin but excellent, the Singapore noodles are always good, as is the iced HK coffee & bubble tea. There are some bad dishes, so it can be hit and miss, but for the price and authenticity, one can't complain too much.

1  Thank Pho-Trappers
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Whenever I'm out and want to save money, I would come here to eat. By far this is my casual meal whenever I'm out, as the food are nice and the price are reasonable. Oh, I almost forgot. The bubbletea here is amazing! Love the Taro bubbletea!!!

2  Thank Mark T