“Great trip back”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

We've been before and really enjoyed ourselves and decided to come back for an early dinner last week and had another lovely evening. Fast service, good food and all good value for money.

1  Thank Mrscook1
There are newer reviews for Cafe de Hong Kong

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Went here to try the bubble tea drinks which I had no tried before. Large glass of fresh mango with ice and black sago pearls in the bottom. Tastes like someone dropped Haribo sweets in your drink when you suck one up through the oversized straw. Prawn and chive dumplings were hot and sticky although not many of them. Sitting on second floor means you can look out at people on Charring Cross Road. Food comes with complimentary thin consommé but really just hot dish water with 2 pieces of carrot which had been stewing for several days. There are better paces to get dim sum in Lisle Street

1  Thank LargelyMonk
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I always eat in this place when in Chinatown. The portions are plentiful and the food is served piping hot and quickly.

I normally always go with a Beef Ho Fun and I'm yet to be dissapointed. You can be in and out of here within 25minutes not bad considering the food is all cooked fresh.

1  Thank OFM77
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stopped here after attending a conference one weekday evening. I didn't have a reservation, but this was not a problem, as the restaurant had two floors of tables. I was shown to the 2nd floor, even though they had room on the 1st floor ... not sure what the reason was ... however, it was pleasant to sit watching the street scene below.

I ordered the Aubergine & Chicken hotpot with steamed rice for my main, and the dish had a deep, rich flavour and was piping hot. There was plenty of steamed rice (I didn't finish it), and this, too, was hot. For dessert, I had fresh lychees, which were served on a bed of crushed ice. A nice fresh finish to a meal.

The restaurant has a no-frills approach to food (as the photos will show), but the food was tasty & very warm, and the service attentive. I would happily stop in again, especially as they have a lunchtime offer and I think I saw a Dim Sum offer as well.

1  Thank roosterza
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Well and truely reminded me of being in Hong Kong, meals come out very and the decor of the place in very similar to a hong kong diner! I miss all the bubble tea and hong kong milk tea! but it was ok!

1  Thank kbtang