“Excellent service”

Ranked #4,984 of 23,370 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$66
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: With a fantastic menu filled with delicious innovative takes on the classics and dishes inspired by different regions of France, there's something to suit everyone. We have the perfect setting in which to meet friends or just unwind over a glass of your favourite. We're situated on Park Hall Road - in between West Dulwich and Sydenham Hill train stations - and just off Croxted Road (A2199).
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We booked a table for eight, including two mothers, for Mothers Day. With two relatively young members, 5 and 7, we had booked fairly early but due to transport problems for a couple of us we didn't order until an hour late. No problem and the service was great. There was a set menu for the day it appeared that we would be restricted to what we would be able to eat. Not a problem, the menu was varied and cooked to perfection. We noyiced that although officially fully booked, the staff went out of their way to accomodate any passing business as quickly as they could. This restaurant is a great advertisement for a fairly large chain. Well done

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Staying with friends we went to the Dulwich Cafe Rouge for a late breakfast. Having been to other branches and had a great experience, on this occasion I was very disappointed. Upon entry we were told we could sit wherever. We took a seat and it appeared initially to be just one waiter but later a second appeared and we ordered fairly quickly. However we soon realised that people who had come in after us and ordered after we did, had received their meals before we even had been served our drinks (tea, orange juice and hot chocolate..not hard!). When I tried to enquire about our drinks the waiter walked past me before I could finish my sentence, grunted something then came back and said 'I told you it's just coming'. Further tables were served then our drinks and food arrived together. My meal was cold and missing an item but i decided go just eat it as i wanted to get out of there. There were further issues with the bill when presented with cash they struggled to cope, asking on more than one occasion if we could pay on card. Highly unorganised and unfriendly manner from staff. A real let down.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

we went there one morning for breakfast, although portion sizes wont be to everyones liking, the food was fantastic, from the french butter to the coffee, along with fantastic service

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We went here relatively late on a Friday evening, - 9.15pm and were greeted well. We did not have a starter, just mains and a coffee. My wife had a glass of wine and I had an orange juice. Both were brought promptly and our mains were delivered in good time.

I had the salmon nicotine and my wife had the Bavette. She did want dressing nor chips and that was not a problem. My salad was excellent.

Good value - £40 including 10% tip

1  Thank nickrob52
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
London, England
Reviewed 20 July 2008

good value, nice and easy

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook