“Good Gluten-Free Food At The Angel”

Carluccio's - Islington
Reserve with OpenTable
Carluccio's - Islington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,003 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Good Gluten-Free Food At The Angel”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'm a coeliac and therefore have to be gluten-free. I regularly use Carluccio's as I travel up and down the country and since their gluten-fee menu came in a few years ago,it has made travelling to support my football team; Ipswich Town, a lot easier.

The cafe in Islington is my local one and I regularly pop-in when I go shopping at the Angel or am entertaining a friend.

One tip about this cafe, is that it has a bus stop outside for 30, 43, 19 and 4 buses going south. So if it's raining hippopotami, it's a cafe where you can avoid getting wet.

I always psy cash in Carluccio's and I would recommend this if you use any restaurant regularly, as they get to know you and in busy times, you get the quiet table away from all the buggies.

• Visited July 2014

“Ideal host for family and friends”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We needed a restaurant in Islington for family and visiting friends (also with family). As regulars of Carluccio's in Pinner we had high expectations and this restaurant delivered. Easy to find and reach, we received a welcoming atmosphere, good food and attentive, though unobtrusive, service.

Our party consisted of 5 adults, including 1 teenager, and 3 children. All tastes were satisfactorily accommodated, from the simple pasta with butter for the youngest child, to the more bold dish of liver. Our German friend told us that as a child liver was a favorite from his grandmother's kitchen and found his meal delicious.

Overall we were very pleased with our choice of restaurant and so were our visiting friends. Keeping both adults and kids happy is a tricky balance and with no upsets we all (kids included) left happy, rested, and satisfied. We have no hesitation recommending this restaurant and will return again.

London
“Pre-theatre stop”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Called in for a bowl of pasta before the theatre. Met by a smiling member of staff and samples of the red and white wine of the day. A nice touch. The waitress was delightful, we enjoyed our pasta, the coffee was excellent, as was both the service and the atmosphere. We will go again.

“always excellent”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

had great meal at this restaurant again .As a regular and lover of MOST London Carluccios .This has always been my favourite .The staff are friendly without being intrusive. The food is excellent and genuine Italian.Th Spaghetti vongole being a particular favourite and al dente as I requested.
The sardine starter was great and well priced wines.I also recommend the spaghetti carbonara done the Italian way ( no cream) and the ravioli with butter and sage .Thanks again to the staff for a great evening ,

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great service..”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We went Wednesday lunch 16/04/2014 with friend's and chicken liver pate ,bruschetta,arancini was lovely main courses lamb shank ,seafood linguini and fish stew was amazing lovely desserts and great service.