“Great Find..excellent food!”

Cedar Lebanese Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cedar Lebanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,389 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "A local gem," proud of its reputation for quality. IT'S FUN TO SHARE ! Meze dishes, salads, grills FRESH, HEALTHY, DELICIOUS Lovingly prepared in-house CHOICES FOR EVERYONE Vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free AUTHENTIC, FRIENDLY, COSY Traditional family-run restaurant AWARDS TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence OpenTable - Diners' Choice Award The Food Standards Agency - 5 star hygiene rating Time and Leisure Magazine - Best Local Restaurant, Best Service THE IDEAL CHOICE FOR: Families & friends Business lunches & groups Events & catering Take-away & home delivery
London, United Kingdom
“Great Find..excellent food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We had just recently moved into the area and this is a great little restaurant serving very good Lebanese food. We shared 3 mezzo dishes, a wonderful creamy Labneh Cream Cheese dip; a great Hummus Kawarma(with little lamb cubes); and some Soujouk sausages ( Armenian spicy Beef sausages) with a basket of bread. We shred a mixed grill with all the meats cooked to perfection retaining their succulence. All washed down with an excellent Lebanese Rose wine. We really couldn't fault it and the service was efficient and friendly. Pew would definitely go again and I sense this will become a regular haunt of ours. Matches easily some of the best Lebanese food we have eaten in London.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank JJAT86CHU

Old Coulsdon
“Great food and service - lovely friendly people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My son took me to the Cedar Restaurant for a birthday treat. It was a Tuesday night and quite quiet but the owner and his staff couldn't do enough for us. The food was hot, plentiful and absolutely delicious. I agree with others that the Lebanese flatbread with halloumi and mint is marvellous. Will be back soon with other friends I am sure.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A nice little find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

For many years we used to see adverts for this restaurant in the local magazines and never got round to going - what a mistake that was! It really is a great little restaurant where the staff are very friendly and welcoming and recognise us each time we return. We usually go for an assortment of mezes to graze on, but they also do an offer where you get three starters and a mixed grill for a set price which is excellent value - this coupled with BYO wine makes this a very inexpensive night. Definitely recommend for an inexpensive and friendly evening - the fairy lights in the restaurant should prove popular at Christmas!

• Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious and Authentic Lebanese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Wow! I was craving a Lebanese dinner in London and, with the assistance of Time Out, stumbled upon Cedar, taking a bus there from my hotel. I loved that it was off the beaten path (not very close to the tourist traps), and I could tell I was going to like it when the other diners were all not speaking English! The restaurant is small and nothing fancy--it was easy to get a table without a reservation at around 9p on a Tuesday evening (they're open pretty late). I was quickly helped by a pleasant waiter, and I ordered hummus, fattoush salad, and a lamb dish with tomato sauce and rice. The hummus was very good--smooth and creamy and served with piping hot pita. The fattoush was flavorful--I wish the bread had been a little thicker/toastier (it was more like a pita chip), but the vegetables were fresh and the salad had the sourness you want in fattoush. The lamb was great--cooked perfectly and very tasty. All of this for ~20 pounds--TONS of food--the dishes could have easily fed two or me for a second night if I'd taken away. Service was attentive. I'd happily return.

• Visited October 2013
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Lush Lebanese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Nicely turned out little restaurant with good service, attentive without being fussy. We had a large mezze and the food was very very good, a nice selection of different dishes, dips, breads etc. Everyone in the group of four loved all the different flavours, the meat was tender and cooked perfectly. The Lebanese beer is nice, the wine my mrs chose less so, but drinkable.
Definitely worth a try and a little bit different.

• Visited August 2013