“My favorite breakfast place”

Carluccio's - Notting Hill
Ranked #5,795 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Helsinki, Finland
“My favorite breakfast place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Wonderful breakfast menu, friendly service, nice atmosphere. Go for Sat/Sun breakfast and enjoy! Love the deli shop as well.

• Visited February 2013

Bergen, Norway
“Definitely worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

I went to Carluccio's i Notting Hill with a friend and his daughter. I've only been shopping in the deli earlier. The restaurant is well lit and nicely decorated. Gregory gave us very good service. He told us informatively and knowledgeable about the dishes and its ingedients. I had a ravioli, my friend a beef stew dish and his daughter a lasagne made with lamb. The food was very good. The deli section has lots of Italian specialities, and is highly recommended. The pancetta is the best I've come across in London, and has a reasonable price. The parmesan is also very good. The selection is wide and good.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible experience, no effort put into the food whatsoever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

I took a few guests from abroad here, as they wanted some good Italian food. I was severely disappointed and embarrassed. I have been to several Carluccio restaurants in London (St Christopher's Place, South Kensington, Islington, Putney) and this is by far the worst. Some of us ordered the pre-set menu, and it looked appalling. My guest hardly touched her food and I can't blame her. It was a large flattened piece of chicken breast crumbed, served with nothing else but a piece of lettuce on a plate that was much much too small. I am still so appalled. In addition, when the waitress took our order, she came back to say they had run out of food, and only one person could order the set menu. Even my pasta from the regular menu was a disappointment. The serving was much much too small. Overall a disappointing and embarrassing experience. My guest told me that she had had a good experience at Bella Italia down the road. Perhaps we should have gone there instead.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Pjorange
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Came across this one by accident. as good if not better than others of the same group that we have visited.
Food was excellent, service very good and the deli was first class.
Very welcoming staff.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Okay Italian food with good deli”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We went here for Sunday lunch for a change from the French place nearby where we normally go. Staff were friendly and service was good. Very high level of noise - mostly created by the staff behind the counter stacking/organising plates on a regular basis! More of an Italian cafe feel than restaurant. My arancini starter was tasty although the dressing was rather flavourless. My main dish 'special' of lamb stew did not live up to expectations - pieces of lamb were small and the dish did not have much depth of flavour. I also thought the portion was a little on the mean side - certainly when compared with the generosity of dishes we had in Italy earlier this year. My companion's chicken was fine but the the rosemary potatoes ordered as a separate side dish didn't have much rosemary flavour. Compared with another well-known chain of Italian restaurants, this one didn't really measure up and we were disappointed. The selection of items in the deli was good and I was able to buy Trofie pasta which I can't get in my local supermarket. With the Carluccio name we had expected more and it all felt rather average.

• Visited October 2012