“Our London Favorite”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Chez Patrick is a charming, intimate neighbourhood restaurant in the heart of residential Kensington. The brasserie-style menu features traditional French classics,just to name few..Snails,foie fras,oysters,fresh crab salad as well as Chateaubriand,calf's liver,magret of duck etc.. Available alongside an excellent selection of wild fish. All the ingredients are supplied fresh daily and the dishes are prepared by Head Chef Alain Patrat and deputy Head Chef Amin, who between them, bring over 40 years of kitchen experience to Chez Patrick. A selection of the finest classic French wines is offered on the wine list to complement your food, whilst clean lines and seaside paintings keep the interior bright and informal. With over 26 years experience in the restaurant trade, Owner Patrick Tako is always delighted to welcome both his loyal regulars as well as new customers to his restaurant. A PRIVATE ROOM IS AVAILABLE FOR PARTIES WITH TAILORED MENUS.Please contact me .
Reviewed 26 July 2014

During a four day stop over in London with friends, we made reservations at our favorite restaurant, Chez Patrick. As always, the evening was delightful. I started with Escargot and then followed with Scallops and my wife had Dover Sole, which were both perfect. Our friends had Scallops and Lobster Ravioli which were also cooked perfectly. They were impressed that we knew a great restaurant in such a quiet location as opposed to our hotel on busy Trafalgar Square. We will definitely return the next time in London. Patrick, thanks for a great evening!!

patricew86rf, Owner at Chez Patrick, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello

Thank you very much for your kind review.
it was a pleasure to have you with us.
Hope to welcome you very soon,until then,take care.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Although not local have crossed the river many times to enjoy Patrick's hospitality and excellent food. Well worth the detour. The menu is not too long a mistake made by many restaurant.The starters are reasonable priced and fish is well cooked and presented. The fish soup is a particular favourite starter,on the most recent visit the Dover sole was superb,the blond had the magret duck cooked just right.Patrick keeps a watchful eye over his small staff and gives everyone his personal
attention.There is an"optional service charge" of15 percent added to the bill which will please American visitors who are sometimes confused about tipping in Europe.

1  Thank Inspectorhound
patricew86rf, Owner at Chez Patrick, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hello

Your comment is very much appreciated.I can only thank you for kind words and express my sincere gratitude.
I hope i'll have the pleasure of welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

It's been a few years since I've skipped across the channel to France, but my evening at Chez Patrick in Kensington London made me feel like I was back in Paris, enjoying fine food and wine the way only the French know how. My favourite dishes were on the menu, and did not disappoint, in fact they were all delicious - and my wife and I really can be fussy customers! All complemented by a lovely white wine the charming young waiter - French of course - recommended to us.
Also worth mentioning is just how nice the area around the restaurant is, just south of Kensington High St, Stratford Road is like a picturesque village, hiding this gem of French Restaurant.
I haven't booked a holiday to France this year, but not to worry as I'll be coming back here very soon.

1  Thank Will M
patricew86rf, Owner at Chez Patrick, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Sir

Thank you so very much for finding time to write a review about our humble little restaurant.
I am grateful for your comment and very appreciative.I hope that we will have the pleasure of the company of Madame and yourself very soon,until then,take care.
Best wishes

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited here on 14 July after looking around for a restaurant close to where we had parked the car and found this gem. We were greeted warmly by the ever entertaining Patrick and were seated close to the window. We dined with my sister and her husband and had a wonderfully entertaining evening. The food is primarily fish and my daughter is not keen on fish but they were very accomodating and she thoroughly enjoyed the chicken with tarragon sauce. The fish was fresh and wonderfully cooked and as mentioned in previous reviews the creme brulee was wonderful. My only carp would be that there seemed to be spinach with everything!! This restaurant was a great surprise and wonderfully entertaining down to the little girl drumming on her fathers head at the italian cafe across the road!! Merci beaucoup Patrick for a great night

Hello

I am very touch by your kindness.Thank you very much for your comment. I am very pleased that you did all enjoy your evening.It was fun to have you with us and hope to have the same pleasure very soon.
best wishes to all of you.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

To be fair, I was there with a bunch of office troops and we were in a rush to another destination.Hence, the food was almost pre-prepared.

The food was well-done with the stew meat being soft and tender to the mouth. Only need little more spices as it was slightly blend. I would come back again to really taste the food if given another chance.

Dear Madam

Thank you very much for taking time to review my restaurant.I hope indeed that we will have the pleasure of your company and that you will be able to appreciated your meal with more time at your next visit.