“best meal i have had in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Covent Garden Grill - CLOSED

Covent Garden Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$49
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: The unpretentious Covent Garden Grill serves its crowd of regulars and tourists a great range of steaks and other cuts, chargrilled to order from an inventive menu. Diners loll on the comfy sofas with friends, or hide away in one of the restaurant's private booths for a romantic rendezvous or a business get-together. There's a theatre menu for playgoers, and prices are surprisingly reasonable for the heart of the West End.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“best meal i have had in a long time”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

All i can say is very good food and cocktails,friendly and outgoing staff that are not in your face and pushy.nice relaxed atmosphere do expect to pay a service charge added to your bill at 12.5% that get split between all staff we also tipped the waiter more .we will be back to eat there again.

• Visited March 2014

Wickford, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal after seeing a show...”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Restaurant is on two floors, a ground floor and basement. We both ordered 3 courses, all meals were well presented, tasted great and the food wasn't cold. I had tiger prawns, steak (medium rare, which was cooked to perfection) and double chocolate cake. The service we received was also very good and I even had balloons on my table as girlfriend had pre-booked and told them it was my birthday. My only critic was there bathroom, very small with 2 urinals and only one toilet this wasn't an issue for us but maybe for some.
Overall very happy with the meal, atmosphere and I would visit again.

portsolent
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had a love theatre voucher and chose this restaurant for our saturday lunch rather than a pre theatre dinner ,we booked a table for 1400 and on arrival we were shown to a table opposite the bar our very smiley waitress took our food order we then ordered wine (good selection and very reasonable prices) and settled down to a relaxing afternoon,the food and service was very good and the restaurant had a great buzz and feel about it and after a couple of hours we felt ready once again to face the rat race.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank roderick s
United Kingdom
“Nice Enough But ...”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We ordered starters and steaks here for a pre theatre bite to eat. They were cooked to our specifications, yet we were rather underwhelmed by the flavour ( or lack of it) .

It's a pleasant enough restaurant in Covent Garden. Service could have been better. Although everyone was polite we did feel terribly rushed through our courses ( this is my pet hate !!). You end up feeling like their profits and table turn over takes precedence over your enjoyment of the meal you're paying for. And then they add service charge onto your bill ( another pet hate of mine). We tip as a matter of course anyway but like to decide when and where it's applicable and deserved.

Not a bad establishment at all but could do better and earn it's gratuities.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank anne8527
lordofthepieslondon, Owner at Covent Garden Grill, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I wrote to this reviewer to ask when she dined there so that I could look into her comments and discuss them with the staff on duty at the time. I explained that a swift response would help as otherwise they were unlikely to remember her table. However, instead of giving me the necessary details, she has blocked me. Generally people in the early part of the evening are going on to the theatre and want to be served quickly as they usually don't leave enough time for a normal, relaxed meal. Hopefully she might read this and contact me. She did then write me a long diatribe and unfortunately blocked me again so I couldn't respond to her. Without the details of when she dined there I cannot do anything about checking into the fact that she felt rushed, but we do appreciate the fact that she gave us four stars. We do try to get the facts as soon as possible after someone has dined as that way there is a hope that the waiting staff and management may remember the circumstances, and then we can try to correct anything that has gone wrong. Unfortunately TripAdvisor reviewers seem happy to criticise but reluctant to get back with the details that we need.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A superb grill in Covent Garden”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Decided we were hungry after the bodyguard and decided to give the grill a go. It's just a couple of hundred metres from the Aldwych. We arrived after 10 and were allocated a decent table on the ground floor. There are additional tables in the cellar if you're looking for a quieter less atmospheric experience but we loved it up in the bar area. It being late only wanted one course. Wine by the glass I went for a Chianti but honestly it wasn't that good. The wife had the ribs and what a portion, well cooked they slip of the bone as they should. I opted for a fillet steak which was cooked perfectly along with an excellent baked potato again well cooked and flavorsome. The staff were very good and speed of service was on scratch. Niggles had to ask twice for toothpicks and as I say the wine was a bit questionable but the food shone through and the atmiosphere was very good.

• Visited March 2014