“Good value vegetarian food”
Review of Chutney

Chutney
Ranked #10,959 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$1 - US$55
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: The Chutney is a gem of a restaurant in London���s Wandsworth that locals would surely like to keep to themselves. One look at the blood red designer chairs, bright white walls and pale wood floor of The Chutney says it all: smart, modern restaurant with character. Pretty floral displays adorn the light-flooded dining room. And every dish from The Chutney���s modern Indian menu is a specialty, they say. But if we had to choose highlights they���d be the mirchi lamb, the paneer tikka, the excellent murgh handi laziz chicken, and definitely the Goan fish curry. Additionally, The Chutney restaurant offers a very special carrot pudding. The best table? By the big windows or outside on the grape tree-lined forecourt. With a strong international wine list, friendly service and great location, The Chutney restaurant is a great spot to enjoy Indian cuisine.
hull, england
“Good value vegetarian food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Found this place by chance. Fastest service and a meal for 3 for £35 must be one of the best around. Plenty of choice - although a couple of the dishes were a bit on dry side. Excellent bread. Wished we knew there was no licence - as some brought their own beers.

Cambridge
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is THE BEST Southern Indian food in London. It is vegetarian with a lovely buffet and very friendly staff. I have been coming here for 20 years and have never walked out feeling disatsified. Everytime I come, there are always Indian families eating here which I think shows that it is authentic and good quality food. I would highly recommend - what's more, it is very reasonably priced and only five minutes walk from Euston station and ten minutes from King's Cross - what could be better!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Esme P
“Take away”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Had a few takeaways from here - good food, fair price and nice staff. I would recommend it and continue to order from here.

London, UK
“Carb heavy but good value”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We came here after a number of disappointing visits to our old favourite, Diwana, which must be surviving on its reputation these days. One issue there is that staff can be pushy and sometimes rude (which is all part of the experience) - at Chutney's the service was fantastic and all staff were really friendly and laid back which made for a relaxed atmosphere. Very clean and modern toilet downstairs which is also a big plus compared to some of the rivals on Drummond Street.

Our food was very good and I'll definitely visit again. Dosa was excellent as was the Bhel Poori. Only negative was that the Thali I had contained a ridiculous amount of carbs. Yes it filled me up (much more than I would have liked), but both vegetable dishes were mostly potato which was a bit disappointing.

Overall really really good and will be back soon.

Berlin, Germany
“Meal uninteresting, very unfriendly and unprofessional staff”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I must admit we were quite late and came around 10 PM on a Tuesday night when other guests had already finished eating. It might have been due to that fact that the staff (five men) seemed very uninterested, even annoyed when we came in. This impression lasted throughout the dinner - we were asked to order about one minute after entering, and got a killing glance when we said we'd need another minute. The worst (yet funniest) part was when the waiter was about to clear the table. Right in front of me, he took the time to sort out the waste and then pile all plates and bowls, putting one bowl into the other so that all the remaining chutney squeezed onto the entire plates underneath, well, you can imagine how it looked like.

I'm not so artsy fartsy, but that unprofessional behaviour was very unwelcoming.

The food was merely ok, prices not too high. I will definitely not come back.

2 Thank Paris134