“Must have been an off day :0”
Review of Chutney

Chutney
Ranked #10,957 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$1 - US$55
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: The Chutney is a gem of a restaurant in London���s Wandsworth that locals would surely like to keep to themselves. One look at the blood red designer chairs, bright white walls and pale wood floor of The Chutney says it all: smart, modern restaurant with character. Pretty floral displays adorn the light-flooded dining room. And every dish from The Chutney���s modern Indian menu is a specialty, they say. But if we had to choose highlights they���d be the mirchi lamb, the paneer tikka, the excellent murgh handi laziz chicken, and definitely the Goan fish curry. Additionally, The Chutney restaurant offers a very special carrot pudding. The best table? By the big windows or outside on the grape tree-lined forecourt. With a strong international wine list, friendly service and great location, The Chutney restaurant is a great spot to enjoy Indian cuisine.
London, United Kingdom
“Must have been an off day :0”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have just come back from chutneys. This used to be an old student haunt from my university days but the food is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Sadly I didn't enjoy my malai kofta at all... two kofta in a watery sauce. Not at all appetising. The starters were better but salad garnish was soft and chutneys were not provided until we asked. Mushroom curry was better. All in all, I would not go back.

1 Thank Meera D

London, United Kingdom
“Buffet only forget the menu”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been here a few times for the vege buffet which is pretty good - tasty, cheep, good food. However, the difference between this and the menu items is shocking - ordered a chilly paneer main course which came with 3 tiny pieces of paneer and a thin watery sauce. The aubergine curry was much better in both quantity and quality. However, the chapatis were reheated, pre-packed mexican tortillas from the super market - we were charged £1.80 for two of them which is just lazy! Also, the waiter tried to up sell us several times even though we told him we were not massively hungry and tried to embarrass me into giving a tip when i paid by card. Shameful! In short - buffet or nothing!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank pinoudelondres
“Regularly excellent”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our go-to Indian Veg. Been going there for YEARS now and it's very nearly always been excellent.

Stunning selection, especially when it comes to the buffet. Great salads, great curries and of course always great chutneys.
A la carte is stunning, too, mind you! I'm especially fond of the Belpoori Deluxe and the Paneer dishes and it must have about the best Patra in town (unfortunately normally only available as part of the buffet, though).

Will be going back for sure!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank London-Travella
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & great value!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love Indian food and the Chutneys buffet is amongst the best (and cheapest) I've ever had!

There's a large choice, including stuff I haven't seen at other Indian restaurants.

I'd STRONGLY recommend it to all vegetarians/vegans AND open-minded meat-eaters!

Note: the buffet is ONLY at lunchtimes (noon to 2.30pm) - evenings are menu-based.

• Visited June 2014
hull, england
“Good value vegetarian food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Found this place by chance. Fastest service and a meal for 3 for £35 must be one of the best around. Plenty of choice - although a couple of the dishes were a bit on dry side. Excellent bread. Wished we knew there was no licence - as some brought their own beers.

• Visited May 2014