“Cozy & Popular with Locals ☆”

The Old Crown Public House
Ranked #5,695 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: American, British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Holborn
Description: A public house re-imagined. A welcoming atmosphere, great food, great drinks. All day and all night in a building that has stood proudly for over 250 years . ​ Whether its good wifi and a place to work, a spot of lunch during a day of sight seeing, a place for after work drinks or some late night revelry we think we have got it covered. ​ Welcome to 33 new oxford st. The Old Crown is a unique building located on the corner of museum street and new oxford street. The building dates back over 200 years and has a character all of its own. The venue is open to the public on 3 floors all of which have a different vibe to them. The old crown is a whimsical escape from the busy streets that surround and once you come in you get the impression it has offered this for quite some time. You can find reference to The Old Crown in Hogarth's famous beer street & gin lane from 1751. The spire of St Gile's church is just on the opposite side of the street - so it is fair to say we have some heritage when it comes to serving a libation or two. The Old Crown is owned and managed by the team behind Hidden Door Events who have been involved with this site for well over 10 years. Ali, Matt & Nick finally took charge in early 2017. We have loved this brilliant old building...as a friend of the family once put it, "all roads eventually lead to the old crown".
Arizona
“Cozy & Popular with Locals ☆”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Get there before 4:00 if possible because after that it will probably be impossible to get in! Yes the wait for food can be long but it is such a beautiful+interesting+friendly place who really cares!! Great burgers☆

• Korean first
London, England, United Kingdom
“Good burgers but long wait”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I visited the Old Crown on a Friday lunchtime with colleagues from work. Unfortunately, the meals took over fifty minutes to arrive, meaning we couldn't enjoy the food as it had to be wolfed down as quickly as possible.

Whilst I appreciate that Friday lunch is a busy period, I do think the staff should have informed us how long it would take. The burgers and beer were good (albeit pricey), but the wait was unacceptable. For the staff to then ask for a tip was especially cheeky.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exactly what I'm looking for”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Best time I've had round here having a oint in a long while. This is a great pub. The staff are fantastic, the surroundings are very pleasant, the food was just what I wanted. Not haut cuisine whomever said that, but why would you expect £60 3-course meals in a pub? Get a grip

• Visited November 2013
Bridgette W, Manager at The Old Crown Public House, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Hi Rossidee,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review the OC! Glad you enjoy the food and our atmosphere, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. If you would like to sign up for our Royalty Club (it's totally free and we will just send you gifts and buy you drinks) please email bridgette@theoldcrownpublicouse.com with your details :)
“Great local pub with, fresh food and really friendly bar staff”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Went in on a Saturday night for mates event and thought it was a nice little pub, went back the following Tuesday and ending up staying for Food, I loved the hallomi salad and my boyfriend said the budget was amazing. All topped off by the super friendly and really attentive bar staff. Thanks again Andy and Ben, I'll definitely come again.

London, United Kingdom
“Do not eat the burgers unless you like bone”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I went to a party here on a Saturday night a couple of weeks ago and ordered a burger which was touted as one of the best in London. I ate approx a quarter of it. There were pieces of bone in three separate bites. Not gristle, bone! The third piece broke my retainer which was fixed to the back of my teeth. I had to get this repaired the following Monday. That is pretty disgusting. The burgers are the lowest quality possible. Please do not eat here.

• Visited October 2013