“Not very good at all”

Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Situated just off London's Leicester Square, Ruby Blue is a bar and restaurant where you'll find everyone from clubbers to theatre-goers or tourists to Londoners, soaking up that London atmosphere. When it comes to dining, Ruby Blue is deliciously on the case. Choose from an interestingly varied menu while you're entertained by a live pianist (Sat only). Tempting new dishes including the Chargrilled Lemon & Thyme Marinated Chicken & the new Sticky Chilli Lamb Rump served with sweet potatoes, yoghurt & coriander sauce. Finish with the indulgent Chocolate Fudge Brownie for a truly spectacular meal. Perfect for an intimate dinner for 2 or a fun party night. Sumptuous booths, a gorgeous restaurant and a luxurious lounge make Ruby Blue the ideal venue for a midweek hangout or weekend treat. Happy Hour at Ruby Blue: 17:00 - 20:00, all drinks, everyday!
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently went here for a friends hen party - there was 10 in our group. From the moment we got there the evening was awful. We had to wait half an hour to be seated and then an hour in between courses. Our 'champagne on arrival' was brought to us after our main meal and after asking for tap water we were brought bottled sparkling water, only to be told 'they didn't have tap water!' The waiter's were rude and told us not to worry as we wouldn't have to pay for it!

The waiters were rushing around trying to serve all the hen parties who were there and clearly they couldn't cope - at one point a waiter knocked into one of the girls and a whole plate of half eaten ribs fell down her back. The service was so bad that they waived our drinks bill (although we all had about 2 cocktails each and as someone has previously mentioned, these were full of ice).
We then proceeded to go to the bar where we had booked a VIP booth - only then to be told they didn't have a booking for us! Thankfully we had our booking confirmation to show to them. So again we had to stand around waiting for them to sort something out and after being moved twice, they seated us at a table down in the club area which had enough room for 4 people. The club itself was packed full of people and thankfully we didn't have to spend too long in there as we were catching a train home.
I would not recommend this venue to large groups whatsoever. Whether it's better in smaller groups would be something for other people to experience - i certainly won't be going back!

3  Thank DKNY12
RubyBlueManagement, Public Relations Manager at Ruby Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hi There,

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience with us.

This is disappointing as we have plenty Hen Parties and they normally have a wonderful time.

Sometimes when you book through a third party it can seem that you get a private area and this isn't included like it would be when booking direct with the venue.

As for the issues with your food and the delays I can only apologise, your champagne on arrival should have been just that and your food shouldn't have been that long in between.

Also, we give our customers two hour dinner slots and sometimes a booking will run over and that's something that we cannot help however, you should have been offered something for the delay in your booking.

I would like to go someway to correcting this so I have sent you a message.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had a dinner tehre with friends, the place and location are really good... but.. and here comes the but... the food is not what you would expect for a place like tha (okay the prices is fine) but alcohol is extremely expensive and cocktails watered!!

Hi There,

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit to us.

Would it be possible for you to email me what you mean about the food? We would like to know what it is that you didn't expect so we can keep these issues in mind when we are deciding on a new menu for the venue.

Please email me at Laura.magnavacca@rubybluebar.co.uk

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I booked my birthday here back in March and I have to say the event managers from Novus Leisure were amazing!

I was a little hesitant booking as I had a mixture of clients, family and friends attending, but Alex and Georgia helped me plan out every aspect of the evening via email and were very friendly and helpful in helping me plan all aspects from food, drinks, private areas and guests.

The view is also spectacular - overlooking Leicester Square.

I will be definitely be booking again as your bar staff ensured all my guests always had a drink in their hands and the was music was so good that some of my clients left in the very early hours of the morning!

A+ Service and hospitality!

Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased that you had a great time and we would love to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Incredibly rude bouncers, a full body pat down for the females in our group seemed inaapropriate and being sworn at by the security guard after asking for a female guard instead, much like you would expect to be offered at the airport, was unacceptable!One of our guests also had her hat rudely knocked off of her head, though she would have quite happily removed it had she been asked.Will not be returning

1  Thank kaiparak .

Hi there,

I apologise for the delay in responding to this, we have had some issues getting onto our account.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a great time and that there were some issues with our security.

However I can assure you that we do not do not do a full body pat down on women, it is usual for us to search bags and hats are to be removed upon entrance to the venue.

If you would like to contact me directly please email me at Laura.magnavacca@rubybluebar.co.uk

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Having bought clients to Ruby Blue's in the past the pure reason was because they offered deals to my workplace. In all honesty a year ago I was not that impressed. As a last minute decision I decided I would give the place another try...I am so glad I did.
The place has been totally transformed, I can now hear myself thin, I feel like I am in a posh bar with a view to die for and to top it off im getting the best drinks and great food for half the price of a posh place somewhere else.
With small yet intricate touches like the white lanterns on the table and the piano in the dining room it looks stylish yet modern.
Alex was highly accomodating and a massive credit to the place.
All in all for a business meal I did not expect to be completely bowled over..but I was, so much so that I was back the day after to make the most of their atmosphere whilst I worked on my laptop.

Complete turn around and for the better, I will DEFINITELY be bringing my girlfriends for a pre-night out drink here!

Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad you had a great time and we hope that we will see you soon back here at Ruby Blue.