“Diabolical” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4,971 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$50
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub, Healthy
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Situated just off London's Leicester Square, Ruby Blue is a bar and restaurant where you'll find everyone from clubbers to theatre-goers or tourists to Londoners, soaking up that London atmosphere. When it comes to dining, Ruby Blue is deliciously on the case. Choose from an interestingly varied menu while you're entertained by a live pianist (Sat only). Tempting new dishes including the Chargrilled Lemon & Thyme Marinated Chicken & the new Sticky Chilli Lamb Rump served with sweet potatoes, yoghurt & coriander sauce. Finish with the indulgent Chocolate Fudge Brownie for a truly spectacular meal. Perfect for an intimate dinner for 2 or a fun party night. Sumptuous booths, a gorgeous restaurant and a luxurious lounge make Ruby Blue the ideal venue for a midweek hangout or weekend treat. Happy Hour at Ruby Blue: 17:00 - 20:00, all drinks, everyday!
Kent
“Diabolical”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were booked in here for a Hen meal last saturday and the service was the worst I have ever experienced in my life. From start to finish the attention by the staff was dreadful, nobody seemed to know what was going on. Be warned do not go here unless you are very patient and want to pay ridiculous money for drinks. The only saving grace was that the food was nice - but nice food does not compensate for appalling service which is what we recieved. Will never grace this place with my presence again and will warn all my friends to avoid it like the plague.

1 Thank i_TravellerKent
RubyBlueManagement, Public Relations Manager at Ruby Blue, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hi there,

I am sorry that you didn't have a great time when you visited us.

I would like to go some way to fixing your view of us so I have sent you a private message.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely appalling place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The staff were rude and unattentive from the moment we arrived. They were also arguing with each other .
We we squashed onto tiny tables with not enough room for a place settings. It was dirty, dark and depressing.
We were not made welcome at all.

I would not go back there ever.

1 Thank Spitit13
Hi There,

I am sorry to hear that this was your experience when you came to Ruby Blue.

It is not acceptable for our staff to be arguing with one another and this has been addressed.

I would like to go some way to fixing this so I have sent you a private message.

England
“Not very good at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently went here for a friends hen party - there was 10 in our group. From the moment we got there the evening was awful. We had to wait half an hour to be seated and then an hour in between courses. Our 'champagne on arrival' was brought to us after our main meal and after asking for tap water we were brought bottled sparkling water, only to be told 'they didn't have tap water!' The waiter's were rude and told us not to worry as we wouldn't have to pay for it!

The waiters were rushing around trying to serve all the hen parties who were there and clearly they couldn't cope - at one point a waiter knocked into one of the girls and a whole plate of half eaten ribs fell down her back. The service was so bad that they waived our drinks bill (although we all had about 2 cocktails each and as someone has previously mentioned, these were full of ice).
We then proceeded to go to the bar where we had booked a VIP booth - only then to be told they didn't have a booking for us! Thankfully we had our booking confirmation to show to them. So again we had to stand around waiting for them to sort something out and after being moved twice, they seated us at a table down in the club area which had enough room for 4 people. The club itself was packed full of people and thankfully we didn't have to spend too long in there as we were catching a train home.
I would not recommend this venue to large groups whatsoever. Whether it's better in smaller groups would be something for other people to experience - i certainly won't be going back!

3 Thank DKNY12
Hi There,

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience with us.

This is disappointing as we have plenty Hen Parties and they normally have a wonderful time.

Sometimes when you book through a third party it can seem that you get a private area and this isn't included like it would be when booking direct with the venue.

As for the issues with your food and the delays I can only apologise, your champagne on arrival should have been just that and your food shouldn't have been that long in between.

Also, we give our customers two hour dinner slots and sometimes a booking will run over and that's something that we cannot help however, you should have been offered something for the delay in your booking.

I would like to go someway to correcting this so I have sent you a message.

Oviedo, Spain
“Bad quality cocktails”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had a dinner tehre with friends, the place and location are really good... but.. and here comes the but... the food is not what you would expect for a place like tha (okay the prices is fine) but alcohol is extremely expensive and cocktails watered!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi There,

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit to us.

Would it be possible for you to email me what you mean about the food? We would like to know what it is that you didn't expect so we can keep these issues in mind when we are deciding on a new menu for the venue.

Please email me at Laura.magnavacca@rubybluebar.co.uk

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Night out and A+ Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I booked my birthday here back in March and I have to say the event managers from Novus Leisure were amazing!

I was a little hesitant booking as I had a mixture of clients, family and friends attending, but Alex and Georgia helped me plan out every aspect of the evening via email and were very friendly and helpful in helping me plan all aspects from food, drinks, private areas and guests.

The view is also spectacular - overlooking Leicester Square.

I will be definitely be booking again as your bar staff ensured all my guests always had a drink in their hands and the was music was so good that some of my clients left in the very early hours of the morning!

A+ Service and hospitality!

• Visited March 2014
Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased that you had a great time and we would love to see you again soon.