“Poor start to a hen night”
Review of Ruby Blue

Ruby Blue
Ranked #3,536 of 23,992 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$56
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Situated just off London's Leicester Square, Ruby Blue is a bar and restaurant where you'll find everyone from clubbers to theatre-goers or tourists to Londoners, soaking up that London atmosphere. When it comes to dining, Ruby Blue is deliciously on the case. Choose from an interestingly varied menu while you're entertained by a live pianist (Sat only). Tempting new dishes including the Chargrilled Lemon & Thyme Marinated Chicken & the new Sticky Chilli Lamb Rump served with sweet potatoes, yoghurt & coriander sauce. Finish with the indulgent Chocolate Fudge Brownie for a truly spectacular meal. Perfect for an intimate dinner for 2 or a fun party night. Sumptuous booths, a gorgeous restaurant and a luxurious lounge make Ruby Blue the ideal venue for a midweek hangout or weekend treat. Happy Hour at Ruby Blue: 17:00 - 20:00, all drinks, everyday!
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The good thing about this venue is the location, a great central location with a teeny balcony overlooking Leicester Square. Can't get better than that for a place to start a party! They also have a really good live pianist.

I was the hen on my hen party. The restaurant had lost our booking on arrival and told us that there were no hen parties booked in.

Once we were seated, we noticed we were the third hen party in there. Bit weird to tell us that there weren't any in there on the door??

They hadn't asked us to pre order food and the waitress spoke barely any English as she'd been in the country a week. They gave us the wrong menus firstly. So we ordered a second time.

Dinner eventually came out in dribs and drabs. Three people didn't get a starter until they were clearing away everyone else's starters.

The mains were bland and small.

This place reminded me of a cheap frankie and bennys and their £10 lunch menu, not great for an evening meal at all.

I left the venue pretty upset due to all the complaints so missed out on the glass of prosecco they gave the rest of my hen party as an apology.

Won't return with friends in the future, there are better places around Leicester Square to start a good night out. So disappointed.

RubyBlueManagement, Public Relations Manager at Ruby Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Hi there,

I am sorry that you didn't have a great time when you came here for your Hen Party.

All bookings are put onto our computer system and then are printed for our staff on duty on that night. I don't really know what happened to your booking as I do not have the details so would it be possible for you to contact me directly on my email address? I would look into this better if I had all the details.

Laura.magnavacca@rubybluebar.co.uk

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Booked the Ruby Blue for a pre theatre meal as near to the venue, was not disappointed! Arrived there half an hour early but this was not a problem for the friendly staff, was shown to a lovely window facing table, service and food very good in this very modern style restaurant, then had extra time to get to the theatre, even told to "enjoy the show" as we left the restaurant.

Hi There,

I am glad you had a lovely time when you came to Ruby Blue for your pre-theatre meal.

This was fed back to the team on the night

We hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Look for a very young crowd and many big bouncers at the door. But it is one of the hot spots in the area.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review.

We hope that we do appeal to a wider crowd and we do hope that all our customers enjoy their visit.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I organised a party for my boyfriend through the Sales Manager, Alex and I was not disappointed!
From the start, the booking process was simple and very personal; Alex found options that suited the occasion, and my budget perfectly.
Despite our guests turning up later than expected, our table was reserved for as long as we needed and the drinks provided were very well recommended and very tasty, delivered to our table in a timely manner. The atmosphere was great and everyone had a wonderful time dancing and felt comfortable leaving our drinks and bags at the table while popping out for fresh air on the lovely balcony.
Although we left before the venue closed, a few friends stayed to enjoy the club and said that they were looked after very well by staff up until they left.
Overall a perfect celebration - will definitely book again!

Hi there,

I am glad to hear you had a good time with us when you visited.

We do hope to see you back here soon :)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

After Premiering our short film at the Prince Charles Cinema, we came across to Ruby Blue for our after party.

Everybody was friendly, supportive and couldn't do enough to make sure the night went well and offered us a terrific deal when booking the downstairs bar and kept an VIP area for us as the night wore on, and on.

Thanks to everybody at Ruby Blue, particularly Diana who helped organise everything. We will definitely be back and I would not hesitate to run another event there after we Premiere the next film ;-)

Hi there,

I am glad you had a great time and you enjoyed yourselves. It seemed like you must've all had a great night.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We hope to see you at Ruby Blue soon