“Crown of Tapas in London”
Review of El Metro

El Metro
Ranked #1,569 of 23,242 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$27
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I visited this rather inconspicuous little place, hidden on the corner at Effie Street. A bit sceptical at first, but this soon dissipated as I'm greeted with a warm smile and a friendly Buenos Dias Señora.

I ordered the special of the day, which was Tripe cooked in tomatoe sauce and chick peas. Gloriously tender, melt on the tongue. A delight which reminded me of my childhood. The garlic prawns( note King Prawns) and 8 pieces, tickled the palate. There was no stopping when I savoured the beautifully, but balanced spicy Chorizo. Three plates of Tapas, girl, I thought no point in looking at the scale tomorrow. Enjoy. And so I did, all washed down with the red house wine (no pretence here and enjoyed without shame). No point in fiddling with the free WiFi as food comes Pronto.
Great service, and for me the best Tapas in London. I must visit again. SOON.

1  Thank TravelDocKleen11
There are newer reviews for El Metro

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I love El Metro, though I only usually go before a Chelsea game.
Small but friendly and warm place, the patio heaters make it perfect for an outdoor beer. The cosy bar / restaurant area is good too.
Great tapas, service good even when busy, and a decent glass of wine or bottle of San Miguel!
Perfect for a friends catch up, recommend it!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Went there with lots of friends and had an amazing time. The atmosphere was very fun and the service was impeccable. Such a variety of different foods and cocktails which were all delicious.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Is perfect place for tapas !!!! I know I picked up too much different tapas but they are awesome !!! my girlfriend and I we got too much fun last night. We will be back soon for the live music nights

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I went to El Metro a few days ago with some friends and we had a good time. The restaurant is in a very good location, close to the Fulham Broadway station. We had some really tasty tapas and I also ordered chicken with chorizo, that was nice. The atmosphere was very welcoming and the staff was very kind. If you like spanish food is really recommended, we´ll be back soon.