“Liar liar pants on fire”

Getti Marylebone High Street
Ranked #2,193 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$17 - US$39
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Getti Marylebone High Street has established itself as a firm favourite with the locals and visitors to the neighbourhood. In the summer the restaurant becomes the perfect place to enjoy al fresco dining and watch the hustle and bustle of high street life
“Liar liar pants on fire”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Rating not related to food as we were not able to try it!
I've been looking for a nice restaurant to use whilst my husband has several weeks of treatment at The London Clinic. I went in one morning to ask to book a table outside for that evening and was told they do not reserve tables outside. Fair enough if that's their policy.
That evening when I walked past there was a reserved sign on one of the tables outside. When I went in and spoke to the same person he explained someone had booked this table for the whole day. So you can reserve outside? When I challenged he told me they had paid £500 for this privilege. Clearly he thought I wouldn't have wanted to do this. He would have been right as whilst it looks quite nice I doubt, very much, if anyone would think it is worth this. Since then, I've seen several tables outside with reserved on them. If the policy is for only regulars to be able to reserve outside I would accept this - but would much rather be told the truth.
Silly man, I wanted somewhere to eat for a six week period and I won't be patronising them now.

Visited July 2014
Andrea F, General Manager at Getti Marylebone High Street, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
Good evening Sir,
as General Manager of Getti restaurant I do really apologize about your bad experience and I'm sorry that we did not accomodate you in our restaurant.
We do take reservation for outside, maybe that day we were already full booking and is strange for me that one of my staff said that we reserved table for 500 pounds, if yes please I will be more than happy if you accept my apologize.

Many thanks
Luca D'Erasmo General Manager

London, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had lunch at Getti twice with my friends. It's a nice place on the main street of Marylebone. The pizza I ordered was really good, but the pasta dish my friend had, was not that tasty. Average price for an average meal in the center of London.

• Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good Local Italian”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Have been here a few times and always found it to be friendly with a good mix of local people. They have some good tables for eating outside when the sun shines. Food always good and seems to change on a regular basis with a good regional wine list. What more can i say.....

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Derek-Christine
“Nice setting, good food and service, family friendly”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had dinner for two families at this restaurant. Good service, and very kid friendly with kids menu and crayons to draw on the table. The pizzas were great, focaccia done right, the pastas very good too. Try the porcini mushroom and truffle linguine, and the gnocchi. The veal steak was also great. Deserts we excellent too. Service was prompt

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Aviade
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
“Wonderful dinner outside”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had dinner here with our teenagers and were able to get a table outside without a reservation. Many years ago, I lived nearby and Marylebone High Street has certainly gotten more posh over the years. We had a terrific meal here and very nice service. Overall a fine choice in London. It was great to have some tasty pasta after all that pub food.

• Visited July 2014