“Overwhelmed by the appalling treatment and service at this restaurant.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Little French Restaurant - CLOSED

The Little French Restaurant
Price range: US$23 - US$32
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: We are small restaurant established in april 1996 we serve french and european dishes and have choice of wines, spirits and drinks from around the world at very reasonable prices that are hard to find in london. We are open 7 days per week for lunch and dinner and cater for everyone who likes to have good freshly prepared food at prices that everyone can afford,served by friendly people who want you to feel at home and come back again.
UK
“Overwhelmed by the appalling treatment and service at this restaurant.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Admittedly a great deal in Central London but what you gain in value is entirely lost in customer service, I've never come across a restaurant team with such a terrible attitude to their customers.

Arriving at 10pm we were asked to order quickly, which was fine and I assumed the restaurant had further covers expected and was time managing the kitchen. It was only when asked we were told it closed in one hour at 11pm so we had to eat three courses and a bottle of wine in this time (bear in mind this was not specified until after we'd ordered). This resulted in the next hour being an insulting experience with mains being squashed onto the table before we'd finished starters, the ice cream for my friend arriving before I'd even finished my main, and while for some time we tried to accommodate this the final straw was when at ten to 11 we asked for a short to accompany dessert only to be told last orders were at 10.45 as they wanted us out by 11pm sharp. By the time this debate had taken place we could have eaten dessert, enjoyed the short drink and left very shortly after 11pm. Instead we were made to feel like we had created the problem but explained they should not have let us in at 10pm for a three course meal if they were so militant about their own 11pm departure from work. We asked to speak to the manager and we were told they weren't there, we asked for their name and were told we were not allowed it, we asked who was taking responsibility and all present looked at the ground and would not acknowledge the horrendous customer experience we had just been subject to. I doubt it is the fault of the individuals we met as they clearly have had no training or understanding in their customer facing role. We left with my main course still on the table, my friends ice cream and the side dishes all still in tact, which when paying over £60 for two people to dine is just unacceptable.

I've just moved to the area and will be warning people away from this place. Hugely disappointing attitude ruined what could have been a nice good value dinner with an old friend.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank UkZeb

• Polish first
“The Best”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

When I entered this cosy French restaurant with my touring friends I was happy to find they had a table set for the 8 of us upstairs. We were delighted that they made accommodation for 8 separate checks!!! Oh yes- and the food was delicious- the waitstaff more than capable. Our wines were very nice

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Rockykv
Dublin, Ireland
“BAD....not French food.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Was the worst meal ever. I arrived a bit early and was placed at a small table beside the bar. I was told that is could not order for 10 mins. I was offered bread and butter. The bread was fresh but the butter was margarine and the waiter said there was no real butter in the kitchen.
Cooked chicken livers were nice but sitting in oxtail soup..the main course was lamb in pastry in a garlic and rosemary sauce....alas it was the oxtail soup again.
The veg was mixed frozen reheated and not fresh as we're the tasteless mini fries!

4 or 5 staff members stood by the bar talking mainly in their east European language. No effort to clean the sticky tables.
When I complained I was told to leave and not to come back....unbelievable

This is NOT FRENCH FOOD....more reminiscent of a transport cafe..
I really cannot understand the good reviews. This restaurant is both dishonest and bad. Don't go.
Ps I paid for the food and drink and no offer was made to rectify the situation.
They said "what did I expect for the money!"

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Tony S
UK
“Liked it such much I went on 2 consecutive nights!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We had noticed the 3 courses for £10 deal in the window so were really intrigued. I had the chicken liver, lamb Wellington and tiramisu. A really delicious meal and great portion sizes. I went back the next night with my mum and had exactly the same thing. I'm telling everyone about it! A real hidden gem!

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Cheap BUT nasty”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

My brother took me and my 13 year old daughter there for dinner. We had the chicken and it smelled gross . Very cheap chicken . Every course was dreadful and cheap and nasty . The services was bad and there was nothing french about it . I can see why their other branch in Uxbridge road closed a few months ago . Terrible place

• Visited March 2014