“A Pleasant Change”

Price range: US$19 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Welcome to one of London’s leading Indian brasserie restaurants - there are 7 Masala Zone restaurants. Each Masala Zone is visually unique. We all serve real Indian food and cuisines, in contemporary yet exotic Indian popular art settings.We offer the varied delicious tastes and cuisines of India, from homes, wayside stalls and palaces (totally different from local curry houses) in a friendly brasserie environment.We and our legendary sister fine dining restaurants - Chutney Mary, Veeraswamy and Amaya - provide an unparalleled combination of real Indian cuisines, taste, integrity, hospitality and ambience
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“A Pleasant Change”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Our son booked a meal at the Earls Court restaurant when we were visiting him in london.
He knows we enjoy a good curry. None of us had used this chain before.
It’s a breath of fresh air. The decor is a bit open and “fast food” but the cliental were mainly of Indian and middle easter origin. A good sign.
Altogether a different experience from the flock wallpaper "chicken tika” style that we are usually presented with.
The food is excellent, fresh ingredients and most of the preparation being done in full view.
Be warned, to indicate “heat” the menu shows “chilli peppers” as per Waitrose, none is warm, one is hot and two is very hot. Thankfully the scale does not go above two.
A good choice is a Thali. These come in various forms or styles with a choice of which curry and rice or chapattis.
There was a special Dilwali Thali available - which two of us had.
This gave an excellent starter followed by the Thalli and a desert - £17.00.
The desert was a mix of Indian specialities and we shared both these portions between the four of us. There was plenty.Good selection of drinks including the usual Cobra / Kingfisher / Tiger options.
Yes i would go again.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“exotic”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I liked the food a lot. The service was prompt. Waitress friendly. Prices are reasonable. I would go back. I believe this is a chain and I wish they could expand to Chicago.

Visited October 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Awesome restaurant. Great ambiance and decor. Attentive and friendly staff. Affordable and DELICIOUS food. Would go back every day if I could!

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Masala zone Earl's Court”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I am never disappointed with Masala Zone restaurants. I went for lunch and thought the food and service was excellent. They vary the vegetable dishes everyday. On all my visits I have not had the same. Would recommend this branch smaller and less noisy than Camden and Covent Garden

Visited November 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The best curry!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I am a huge fan of Indian food and, while spending a weekend in London with my boyfriend, got a craving for some! We decided to go here as we had seen it busy the night before (always a good sign) and couldn't have made a better choice. By far the best and most authentic Indian cuisine I've ever had. Friendly, quick service, good prices (especially considering the location) and delicious food. I'm just disappointed there isn't one in Liverpool so I can go all the time! Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited November 2013