“Super tasty Indian food”

Masala Zone Earls Court
Ranked #3,281 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$21 - US$49
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: At Masala Zone Earls Court, we have a passion for making sure customers have an enjoyable time – delicious genuine Indian food, newly renovated exciting interiors and great staff. The restaurant is highly acclaimed. Evening Standard has rated us as one of London’s six best Indian restaurants, Zagat Restaurants Survey as London’s Most Popular Restaurant Group; Daily Telegraph as one of London’s best restaurants. We unusually combine a panoramic range of proper Indian food - pioneering street food, thalis (the balanced family platters), daily changing freshly made vegetables, flavourful grills, regional curries, biryanis. Our food is uniquely from the true sources of Indian food – the gourmet homes & street stalls across India’s regions.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Walked past here on Saturday evening on our way to somewhere else for dinner but the smell and a quick look in the window made us go here instead. It was some of the best Indian food I've tasted. We shared a starter of chicken samosas with gorgeous curried chickpeas on the side and then we both had the lamb rogan josh with rice and naan. We cleared our plates, the food was delicious. If we go back we'll certainly try the Thali. For all the food and 2 large bottles of Kingfisher, we were amazed at how reasonable the bill was. I'd highly recommend this place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Have been visiting this branch of Masala Zone for the last few years and have to say that no other Indian I've ever had has beaten it. The flavours are spicy and intense and has a healthy taste much in contrast to a standard greasy Indian takeaway. Friendly staff and nice open setting where you can watch the chefs cooking away. Grand thalis are the best!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I just came home from a trip to India and I wanted to relive some of my food memories. I was not dissappointed at all. The staff explained very well the concept of the restaurant and we got the selected food very quickly. And the taste? Superb!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We are here for the first time and tried their thali. We both chose a different one but they were excellent! Couldn't fault the food and the service was also excellent.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We have eaten at Masala Zone on previous trips, and I have reviewed it before. It is part of a chain and is a fairly large, commercial looking space. Their specialty is "thali" and I would strongly recommend that you order that. You receive a large plate with rice in the middle. You choose your curry, and the rest comes automatically in small dishes arranged around the larger plate. It is good and very reasonably priced. The wine list is rudimentary, and in any case, beer suits the food better. Not a gourmet experience, but tasty and good value. Recommended.

1  Thank retired698