“Average food, but convenient”

Olio Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Olio Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12,362 of 23,375 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The restaurant was part of the hotel, so useful if you don't want to travel very far. However was probably over-priced for what was actually served. Food was fine for lunch, but probably wouldn't go out of my way to have dinner there. Pleasant staff, perhaps a bit slow but not terribly so and would only annoy those customers who have extremely impatient high standards.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Having checked into the hotel after 8 pm we decided to have dinner in the Olio restaurant . The menu looked interesting and we opted for set dinner 2 courses for £26 We ordered around 8.45 and there were only about 6 other diners in the restaurant. It was almost 9.30 however before we got our starters. I had goat's cheese and leek twice cooked souffle which had obviously gone wrong somewhere and was as flat as a pancake and tiny - you could have eaten it in one mouthful. My daughter ordered confit of duck leg with crispy duck crackling , what arrived however was shredded duck (the type you get in Chinese restaurants with pancakes ) and no duck crackling in sight. It was bland and tasteless .For mains I had ordered duck breast and my daughter lamb. The waiter arrived with a duck and a chicken dish ,when we pointed out his mistake he took away the chicken in the meantime I tasted my duck and figured that it might indeed be lamb- so tastless it was hard to tell what it was . After about 5 mins he returned and said that indeed my duck was lamb and that I would have to wait to get the duck. We had already waited so long I said that I'd eat the chicken . It was a plain piece of grilled chicken breast edible , the dauphinoise potatoes that came with it were ok. My daughter's lamb was on a bed of mash which had obviously been microwaved . With this we had a glass of wine each at £7.95!!! ( I think). We did not order desserts after the fiasco of the first two courses. When we got the bill they did give us 20% discount because of the mistake on the order but it was a poor evening all round . We had planned to buy breakfast in the morning but gave it a miss as result.

1  Thank holidayseeker
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I purchased an afternoon tea offer for this hotel through Groupon. I was really impressed.

The food was lovely, fresh and tasty. Good value at £29 for two (with champagne).

Service was very good.

Would defo recommend as a Groupon deal but don't think I would be happy paying the full price of £30 each.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

We were staying in the Corus Hotel for a training course and due to heavy rain decided to eat in hotel. Two course menu for just under £25. I had chicken liver parfait and salmon fishcakes. Friends had a souffle and lamb. Very reasonable meal for central London

Reviewed 12 December 2012

It is years since I enjoyed Malaysian food, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My wife has never experienced the style or flavours and thoroughly enjoyed it.