“What a disappointment ”

Neighbourhood: Holborn
Bedford, United Kingdom
“What a disappointment ”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We have been going to this restaurant for many years and always had a great night. This visit was a great disappointment We were rushed into ordering when the food arrived the chicken was full of blood and obviously not cooked. We will not go back again and will not recommend to anyone.

1 Thank neil C

“Thai fancy!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Great Thai place in the city close to the station. Very remote and unexpected with lots of youngsters from the city and in the evening it's busy from the city workers getting a quick drink from the bar nearby. We were lucky to get a table but I think it would be quite busy on a Thursday/ Friday evening.

• Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Love this hidden gem!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I used to work on Lincoln's Inn Fields, and after I got back from Thailand their lunchtime take-away was the only thing that stopped me going round the bend!

I've been here a few times in the evening, most recently with my other half for Valentine's day. The name has changed but I was relieved to find that the staff are still as lovely as ever.

The food was delicious. We were going to go for a set menu, but decided to mix'n'match our own version. The starter platter was a good size and very tasty. To follow, I had pork jungle curry, which was fantastically spicy. He had something with duck that he really enjoyed, and we shared another main (my memory is terrible!) which was bloody lovely. We were pretty stuffed, so no dessert, but we did manage a bottle and a half of wine (there's always room for wine). They let us take the other half bottle home with us.

Including tip it came to £80, which was great for the amount of food and drink, and a good atmosphere. As it's tucked away down a little maze of back streets it's faily unknown, so it's quite easy to get a table.

DO IT! You won't regret it.

• Visited February 2013
London
“Tiny portions, boring food”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The portion of noodles was the smallest I have ever seen, and was sold as a main course - and by no means cheap or value for money. Disappointing taste as well. Would not recommend, and would not return.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Catherine M
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value for good food”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I've eaten at Pu's countless times and have never been disappointed. Their £10 lunch menu is fantastic value. With a mixed starter and choice of mains. N the evening I would recommend the drunken duck. I'm a little surprised to hear that others have found the staff to be frosty. I have always found them very friendly. I always look forward to my visits. In short, a great value Thai restaurant hidden behind Holborn station.

• Visited July 2012