“Fabulous, foot tapping music, delicious food and a lovely welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le QuecumBar & Brasserie

Le QuecumBar & Brasserie
Ranked #11,320 of 22,075 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$16 - US$21
Cuisines: French, Bar, European
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
Description: Music, Mood, Wine and Food. Step back in time and soak up nightly live music 8-11. We are a live music brasserie style venue - Gypsy Swing, nostalgic accoustic swing, and world Gypsy music - 1930 Parisian soul in the heart of Battersea - table service and online table booking - ticketed concerts Sunday and Monday live music FREE entry before 8 £6pp music cover charge 8pm and after Thursday Friday Saturday - Tuesday Gypsy Swing Jam session Free - other ticketed events as per the QuecumBar web site gig listings Tropical garden and outside table seating and free parking
“Fabulous, foot tapping music, delicious food and a lovely welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2016

It was my Sue's birthday and we really enjoy that light swinging, easy jazz that the likes of Django Reinhardt, Benny Goodman and so many 30's musician"s played... perfect for good food and a shared bottle of merlot etc
What I hadn't realised was how many more bands there are playing this music now!
Le QuecumBar is the place to see them!
We had absolutely fabulous music all night from Cafe Manouche, fast moving finger picking accurately and sensitively played by two, smashing supporting double bass, friend on a clarinet that fitted magically, and Natalia in proper 30's style vocals totally 'in it', - we look forward to seeing them again. The evening was accompanied by an attentive, warm welcome by thestaff and delicious food, attractively presented and the right portion size. I should have met & thanked the chef!
I had phoned up to check all info was up to date as couldn't work out how to book and was told " just go online and book" I slid down 'home' and 'contact us' and couldn't get it working, BUT Natascia was kind and let us in as if we had booked! - Thanks Natascia x ... the trick is to use 'Listings', go to the date and your band, if it's got a ticket box you're in! (I'm old and don't 'get' these computer things!)
We had travelled nearly hour and a half, 3 trains, walked ½ hour so it had better be worth it!... Wonderful, fabulous night out :-) little bit costly but in London they've got to pay their rates too!
We're going back in our holiday's sometime (25 miles north of London is too late for work the next day :-() and would love to experience a jamming session and some more gypsy jazz bands.
Thanks all at Le QuecumBar - see you again :-) Chris & Sue

• Visited September 2016
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Singapore
“Great music!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2016

Lovely quirky restaurant with a great traditional menu to enjoy whilst listening to some gypsy jazz. Friendly and welcoming staff with efficient service. The food was great especially the baked Camembert to start and duck main course! I would recommend this restaurant for a Friday/Saturday night dinner with friends or family (or date night) for a great meal and fantastic wine.

• Visited March 2016
Wolverhampton
“Brilliant musical evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2016

We were taking family visitors from Germany to this bar on my son's red hot recommendation, on the lady's birthday; so never having been there myself, I was a bit nervous. I needn't have been - it was absolutely brilliant in every way. The service was great - attentive and very enthusiastic; the surroundings and decor quirky and wonderful; the food was excellent; but the music and general atmosphere were fantastic. The lady whose birthday it was said it was the best musical evening she could remember having.
One thing we all particularly appreciated was the appropriate volume level (unamplified violin, with 2 guitars, played to a terrifically high standard), so your head wasn't blown off.
There's a great little outdoor courtyard where we had drinks before the meal, too, which was great after a very hot day in London.

I'd recommend this place unreservedly to anyone.

• Visited August 2016
“Don't go.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2016

Shocking service. Shame, because the music is great. The lady that greeted us as we walked in could not have been more unfriendly.

Visited September 2015
1 Thank Judy Y
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A balmy, barmy night in Battersea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2016

A good friend took me to this quirky bar/restaurant on Friday evening to listen to some gypsy jazz and enjoy some wine in the beautiful beer garden. I'll be honest I was sceptical based on some of the tripadviser reviews and a little reluctant to leave the beer garden at The Woodman (just down the road), but am so glad I did. We did miss the female singer (bad timing on our part) and we didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food. However the beer garden is magical, ornate cast iron tables & chairs, plants galore and fairy lights and the sound of gypsy jazz floating out into the night. My friend and I were happy to drink wine (friendly unobtrusive service) and just enjoy the peaceful surroundings. We met the owner (Silvie - apologies if I've spelt your name incorrectly) who came out to ask us if we were enjoying our evening and stayed for a chat. She's an interesting lady who told us how she came to set up a bar/restaurant inspired by Django Rheinhardt in a quiet residential street in Battersea. She also spoke of the difficulties involved in keeping the bar running - but not in a "woe is me" way.. Everyone we spoke to that evening (customers and staff) appeared to enjoy being there as much as we did. I've lived in London all my life and am so happy that places like this exist - friendly, efficient, interesting staff, OK wine (I'm being honest here as I love good wine), and a gorgeous garden where I could see the stars twinkling in the night sky. I would urge people to give it a try - when was the last time you sat in a gorgeous garden in Battersea with a Polish bar owner her ex-military friend taking photos for Twitter whilst being served wine by a charming music student who freely admitted he was new to the bar and didn't know what he was doing?

• Visited August 2016