“Great gastro-pub - British/contemporary not Italian food”
Review of The Rocket

The Rocket
Ranked #4,337 of 24,264 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$72
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2012

...and, critically, Prosecco at £4 he glass.
This is our local and we treasure it.
Try the brunch at weekend - excellent eggs florentine etc at very reasonable prices - or a full English that looks pretty good.
The fishcake is generally excellent and the chips mighty fine.
Son really appreciates the roasts on Sunday.
Until recently there were some very appealing salads which could be a starter or a light meal - last time I was in, they had vanished - that may be because summer is deemed over.
Puds are good but a greater variety/ menu change might be a good idea.
Good, palatable and not too dear wines from Heritage wines who also run occasional wine tastings upstairs.

1  Thank saranLondon

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I was really impressed with this local gastro pub - a very relaxed place with a feeling of space and comfort. The bar staff were well nice and the food really good. A great place to sip the afternoon away.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Went recently with a friend for a mid-week catch-up, having not been for several years (no particular reason, not because I was avoiding it!). We ate in the restaurant - I had Moules Marinieres, my friend had a seafood pasta dish. Both were really tasty (and special mention to the chips I had with the Moules, yum). Service was friendly, wine reasonably priced (though a little bit of a limited range), and the cost overall very fair. Am slightly kicking myself for not having been back more often to support this Acton gem so will definitely be doing so in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2011

It's so wonderful to have somewhere this good within walking distance that we are there often. Generally we eat in the restaurant but sometimes at buffets upstairs where there are loads of local events from film and book clubs to poetry readings, life drawing classes and comedy nights.
I should declare an interest: my son sometimes works behind the bar in the vacations - but we were going there regularly first so I don't feel too conflicted.
The food is good Britsh - not Italian as described elsewhere - with a choice of roasts on Sunday lunch and standard - if good- gastropub menu the rest of the time. i particularly like the double baked cheese souffle but it's not on the menu this month (ggrr) good choice for vegetarians.
Puds fab if fattening.
Brunch available - I think at least on Saturdays - and the eggs benedict/florentine are excellent and very inexpensive.
Interesting mixed clientele by age, class, ethnicity and anythng else you can think of.

1  Thank saranLondon
Reviewed 7 January 2011

great wine list by the glass and a lovely surprise of a restaurant around the corner from the bar. quality food with nice presentation - well worth a visit

1  Thank localglutton