“What a little star of a restaurant!!”
Review of Palace Spice

Palace Spice
Ranked #8,349 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$30 - US$81
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A warm welcome and fine Indian food awaits you at Palace Spice, a superb restaurant set in the London���s lively Battersea. Boasting possibly the friendliest service in the town, Palace Spice staff pride themselves on their years of experience as hosts, so you can expect not only efficiency and attentiveness, but service with a genuine smile throughout your visit. Simply decorated in modern, elegant style, Palace Spice is calm and refined with an unpretentious atmosphere and relaxed feel. The restaurant���s menu is packed full of favourite Indian dishes, from well known curries to excellent thalis and unique and delicious house specialties. Ingredients are hand-picked by the chefs who insist on avoiding GM and other unnecessary additives in their recipes, sticking to traditional approaches to cookery, occasionally adding a special creative Palace Spice twist. Additionally, spices are hand prepared, ground and roasted on site, ensuring that everything down to the tiniest pinch that goes in to your meal passes the chefs��� stringent set of cookery rules.
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I was recommended this place by a friend; it was a brilliant restaurant and I'll definitly be back.

First of all - the food. I'm quite a curry lover, and I've tried some rough, mediocre and bland Indian restaurants in the past. Some of the stars of our meal were the Peshwari Naan-without a doubt the best I've had in a number of years, we also really enjoyed the Madras. There was lots of flavour, chicken was succulent and not at all tough. Everything felt fresh and was definitely tasty!

Service: we were met by really friendly and attentive (without being pushy/obtrusive) waiters. They were really courteous and helpful - and it was the added touches, such as a complimentary baileys at the end of our meal, and a goodbye handshake and a thank you from our waiter that just give it that added personal touch.

Atmosphere: Quickly the restaurant got full, and had a nice bustling happy atmosphere. There were enough staff that we felt that even though the restaurant was full, we were still being attended to. The place seems newly renovated and is clean and fresh.

Overall, I can't fault the restaurant at all-even topping up our salad for the poppodums when our pot started getting empty--- its a massive recommend to all those curry lovers out there!!

1  Thank worldoyster31

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I visited this place once. I must say that the staff was extremely arrogant. I was surprised to see such behaviour after having read some wonderful reviews of this place.

Reviewed 6 March 2012

After many years of eating at the Palace Spice's predecessor Lavender Spice for 18 years I was pleased to see it given a complete refit and rebrand to bring it up to date.

The food is as before a good mix of various Indian dishes that will be familiar to people all very well presented with great service.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

I don't write reviews often but after attending this restaurant about 5-6 times I just felt the need to share. Some genuinely good foid, very good prices and above all some of the friendliest staff I've ever come across. Well worth a few visits each month and the service is really tipworthy :)

1  Thank maxxtar
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Had a take away (may). Popadoms really fresh , Balti excellent and mushroom rice superb

1  Thank HerbieTaylor