“Good food but not exceptional and probably overpriced”
Review of Delhi Brasserie - Kensington - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Delhi Brasserie - Kensington
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I love Indian food. I have been in India on three occasions and I spent time with the family of an Indian friend of mine so I am quite accustomed to Indian food from different regions. This restaurant cooks the typical "continental" menu that you can find in almost any restaurant the food is good but not exceptional and given the price it is a little bit overpriced. The service is ok although on the evening I ate at this restaurant, the waiters were quite cold and annoyed. It was not the experience I expected from the look of the place.

1  Thank PLLMilan

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Maybe I'm spoilt because I have some fantastic Indian restaurants where we live, but we found the meal we had here to be extremely disappointing.
There isn't much choice of dishes on the menu, which made me wonder whether we would be in for a treat, as they must really be good at cooking those few dishes ... how wrong I was. The portions are very very very small (4-5 small pieces of chicken in each dish), the taste was only average at best, and the prices are typical London (high). We don't actually mind paying a lot for a meal, but it has to be worth the premium - which this just wasn't. They even managed to get our bill wrong, and then looked annoyed when we spotted it and asked for them to correct it.

I certainly wouldn't go here again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Was across the street form our hotel so we paid them a visit. Some of the best Indian food I have eaten in some time. Service was attentive and portions were just right.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great food as always in this small but efficient Indian restaurant. it's pleasing to see the food still maintains its outstanding flavours and service is typical of any restaurant in the area.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

A small but nice and clean place across from the Marriott Kensington. They don't understand English very well but that is not necessary for a great meal. We had a Dinner Salad with oil and vinegar, the House Rice and Chicken Tikka Masala and it was fantastic.