“All round winner”

Ranked #11,889 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$37
Cuisines: Indonesian, Malaysian
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Loved this place, ordered halibut satay with coconut rice and I would say it's easily one of the best meals I've ever had. Service was prompt and friendly, jokes on the wall to the toilet were funny and entertaining. Loved the decor and slow waving palms on the ceiling. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Annie O
There are newer reviews for Penang Satay House

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We come here regularly and are very happy with the food and how affordable it is. At times they are busy it is just because the place is very popular! So try and be patience and you won't be disappointed. Strongly recommend.
Cheesecake x

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have been to this restaurant on several occasions and the food has always been good along with the service, but when I went with my fiancé last night, the service was diabolical. The waiter was so rude it was like being on a comedy show. When we first entered the restaurant we were taken to a table that we didn't like so we Asked if we could move. We were then moved to a table in the middle of the restaurant which was a lot better but a bit of a squeeze with other table around us. The same waiter asked me to push my chair in such an impatient manner but I just put it down to them being busy. Then when we were ready to order, the same waiter came over and asked whether we would like some drinks. As soon as we said no he walked off even though we said we were ready to order. Someone else came over about 5 mins later to take our order. She was much nicer than this particular waiter. Our meal was really good as per usual, but when we were ready to pay, my fiancé took out her American Express card and the same horrible waiter said no we don't take that and just walked off even though my fiancé was trying to tell him that he had another card. The waiter just rudely side he was busy and would be over in a minute. When he finally came back to our table a few minutes later, he took my fiancé's card, put it into the pin machine and gave us our receipt, with not so much as a thank you or anything, he just walked off. I wish I had said something about it at the time because his attitude more that stunk. My fiancé says that he won't be going back again because there is no need to be so blatantly rude. I will be going back and if it happens again, I will certainly not be keeping my mouth shut as I will not tolerate it a second time.

1  Thank Patricia F
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Really like the food here! Not had a bad meal and have been about 5 times now. Will continue to go for the Beef Randang alone! Nasi Goreng and Spicy Singapore Noodles also fab along with the prawns in batter - really fresh and crisp. I understand why this place has been here for so long. OK the décor is a bit dated but so what? The service is fine and the food id good and no overpriced - in fact good value! Would defo recommend.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Fish in banana leaf was very good, Singapore noodles are authentic. However we'd noticed a slow decline in quality in the past 4 years, becoming increasingly inconsistent. We love it, some friends of ours have disliked it. Fish curries are usually good. Starters can be hit and miss. Not many other choices of Malaysian and Singaporean cuisine in the area, so from that point of view it's worth checking out.