“Amazing food, amazing price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sapporo Ichiban

Sapporo Ichiban
Ranked #14,106 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$30 - US$37
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, amazing price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I went to Sapporo Ichiban last night and OH MY GOSH!

Food was delicious and the price unbelievable, I can't believe there is something this good right on my doorstep. Most defiantly one of the best meals I have had.

Service was great admittedly it wasn't busy, but very friendly indeed.

I will definably be going back and would recommend again and again.

Who knew Catford had such a hidden gem!

• Visited July 2013

London, UK
“Japanese in Catford?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

What a find!! And in an unexpected place. Living in Croydon, a sushi desert - unless you want to eat mid day, we resorted to the internet, desperate for sushi on a Sunday evening and found Sapporo Ichiban, and we are so pleased. Catford seems to us to be an unlikely spot for Japanese food, but it was great. A full range of Japanese classics is on offer, from Katsu Curry to sushi all at a reasonable price, friendly mad helpful service. This is a restaurant that we will revisit. Just be warned parking was difficult on a Sunday, so may be best to use the carpark. If you are not sure where it is, it is not far from the Ram behind the civic centre.

• Visited May 2013
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

I dined here last Sunday night. It was recommended by some friends so thought I'd try it as I love sushi. I wasn't disappointed. The food was excellent, very fresh and the sake a perfect accompaniment. We met the owner, a lovely lady named Masa who was really friendly and helpful. For dessert I had chestnut icecream which was a first, delicious! Go and try it out. It's in a street in Catford where you wouldn't expect to find such a hidden gem. My only complaint was the music, I would've liked it to be more traditional. But that's just my taste!

• Visited April 2013
London
“Sapporo - Worth a trip to Catford for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have been coming to Sapporo in Catford since it opened about 10 years ago - it never lets me down. We love the cooked to order Japanese/chinese buffet (guyoza and Catford roll Sushi are the best). The staff are friendly and brilliant - they recongnise us and always have our sunken table ready for us. The Sashimi and tempura are just fabulous - and much cheaper than other Japanese places.

Do try the green tea ice cream too - this place really deserves to do well.

• Visited April 2013
London
“A FRIENDLY AFFORDABLE JAPANESE IN CATFORD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

.I used to frequent Sapporo Ichiban quite often with my friends when I used to live in that area of London. Last Saturday I found myself in the area again for a workshop and I took the opportunity to meet some friend there for an impromptu reunion.
It is a very friendly and cosy as well as affordable Japanese restaurant. The class of the food depends very much on your choices but the quality, even if not the best I have ever had is still acceptable at a very fair price. The Ikura roll with salmon roe was very good, fresh and fishy, as I expected.
The fried food a bit less healthy but that is up to our choice, nothing to do with the restaurant. It is hard to resist to the fragrant crunchy tempura after all....Give it a try. The atmosphere is familiar and the fresh flowers make the place look cosy.
The service was good, in line with oriental standards and no hurry to pay and go, as in more priced establishments in the West end. .

• Visited March 2013