“Dont bother trying to use a TASTE card !”
Review of Souk Bazaar

Souk Bazaar
Ranked #8,727 of 23,242 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$51
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: It must be those of us who are too young to hit the hippy trail have a secret hankering to get away from it all in a kaftan. However, instead of jumping on a ferry from Southern Spain and heading for North Africa, we do it in our lunch hours and head for the nearest North African restaurant. Souk is very much like stepping into Morocco - all low seating, cushions, low lighting and vibrant colours. Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening they lay on belly dancing, and there is a dj after 11pm every night except Sunday and Monday (and every night during December!). Very Moorish if you are looking for a cheerful, cheap venue in the centre of town.
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I really enjoyed this place, service was terrible but when you get food it is pretty nice. Tried to use my Taste card, but apparently at a Tapas restaurant its only applicible for banquets... not much use for small eaters.

There are newer reviews for Souk Bazaar

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I booked this restaurant for Christmas Dinner.
The place is dilapidated, prices are quite high, it really needs a makeover, the pictures found on the internet do not resemble the restaurant in the slightest.
Really disappointed, the Lamb Tagine was particularly awful. Chicken was OK. some of the staff could not speak English very well at all. Tables were round and could not fit any bowl on, bowls were served with Knives /folks, very difficult to relax and enjoy the meal, basically has to hold the bowl in our hands and user a folk /spoon! Nightmare!!!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I went restaurant with a couple of friends.
We have been served by a very rude (I believe she was italian) woman who thought it would be sensible to raise her voice when I was complaining about the service.
We ordered 7 menus but were only served the equivalent of 3(maybe because I was using a tastecard). As she mentioned "there wasn't enough". I felt ashamed in front of my friends when she practically shouted at me. The food was average and so was the service. I was very disappointed by the restaurant. If I am paying £19-£24 I expect to be well served and to be respected.

2  Thank hkenza
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My friend was visiting from abroad and I decided to take her out for dinner. I made an advanced booking with my gourment society card which the restaurant advertises with providing a 50% discount. Its a bit dingy looking, I felt the tables were wobbly, the chairs were uncomfortable and the food was average def not worth it as London is full of amazing restaurants! But what disappointed me the most was that they did not honour my gourment society card!! Apparently they have a seperate menu that the waitress failed to provide us with.. I had expressed my disappointment only to be offered some baklava as an apology for their lack of organization. Needless to say I will not be returning and if you are reading this trust me you can have a much better time elsewhere so skip this one!

2  Thank missybb85
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

From the monent you enter you are engulfed in culture. The atmosphere is intimate yet so relaxed. The decor really tips the whole experience over. Staff are exceptionally friendly and attentive yet discreet. And the food....wow!! Simply stunning and rediculously cheap. I would happily pay three or four times the amount for the dining experience received here.

1  Thank Nicnac2405