“Reasonably priced choice in Canary Wharf”

Nando's - Canary Wharf
Ranked #8,442 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$43
Cuisines: Fast food, Portuguese
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City, Kansas
“Reasonably priced choice in Canary Wharf”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I'm from the US, this was my first time at Nando's. Their seating arrangement is quite unusual. The staff assigns you a table number, you then form a line to order your food (don't forget your table number), pay, take your fork/knives, fill your drink, then go wait at your table. Food was quite goof for the price.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dirty Restaurants. Overpriced bit of chicken!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

In the uk, if a customer feels that a meal isn't worth what they are being charged, it is legal for the customer to pay what they think is a fair price for the meal.

If I had exercised my right to this ruling I would have paid about £5 for this meal!

Firstly the restaurant is filthy, but just unclean, FILTHY! Most Nando's in my experience are.

Firstly you queue to order! Waitress service is for food out only! God help you if there is a problem with your order, they haven't a clue how to resolve it!

As we sat waiting for our food we observed tables with half eaten good left on the plates and tables around us for about 20 minutes. It was only as the table was needed to seat someone did it get cleared.

The waitress simply flicked all the food that had fallen off the plates in to the floor and then went on to simply spread the grease around the table top with an excuse for a cleaning cloth.

Then we move on to the sauce bottles and my real point if hygiene concern. EVERY bottle is smeared with grease and goodness knows what.

I saw people eating chicken and/or chips etc with their fingers, grabbing the sauces and then hand to mouth again. This repeats across the whole restaurant all night and in between no one cleans the bottles. Food hygiene inspectors would have a field day with whatever is living on those bottles.

Hopefully you will think about that the next time you go to Nandos and do what I did... Wrap a serviette around the bottle first!

When the food came out one meal of the two was luke warm and therefore returned, I'm not paying £14 each for lukewarm food!

10-15 minutes later the food came out and was ok. It is well presented, however the double chicken wrap had well under 1 breast of chicken between the two wraps and they were all chicken pieces making it feel like I had received bits off other orders.

Filthy dirty horrible germ harbouring place with no hygiene control, lukewarm and average food.

If rather spend my hard earned money elsewhere!

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Rubbish service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

There was an obvious problem with the kitchen which we didnt find out about until we had ordered. The waitress who greeted us was totally dis-interested and although pleasant, she just had no interest in our seating needs until prompted by us. We were told that one of our orders would take 20 mins to prepare (Butter chicken) and we had to chase this order after a 40 minute wait. The chips were luke warm and had to be sent back. The asst manager did apologise and provide a meal voucher for use at a later date but it was just the general attitude overall that made this such a poor experience. Add to this the state of the toilets - disgusting.
A poorly run restaurant!

• Visited May 2014
“Speedy, filling lunch”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Two of us visited here on Friday for lunch. We had to wait a few minutes for a table and the queue to order the food was about 15 deep, but it all moved quickly and our food was soon with us. It was all pretty good and very filling.

Visited May 2014
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Average meal. Its a shame its self service and no waiters to serve. I love nandos. Food was lovely. Nice area to sit. And it was close to our hotel :) x