“The Rotisserie in N20”

Neighbourhood: Regent's Park / Kings Cross
london
“The Rotisserie in N20”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Relaxed well maintained modern restaurant. The menu is limited but specialised. Good wine list & great deserts. The staff are ok. Nice to have them in N29

Visited March 2012

Hong Kong, China
“Decent food but terrible service”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

First, the good points - the restaurant is warm and cosy, with comfortable seating and well-appointed tables and lighting (I hate trying to read a menu in the dark!). The food, on the whole was satisfactory, my dish was good, and they have one (and only one on the night in question) really good waiter. I sincerely hope this lovely young man, whose name I did not get, does not stay there to be poisoned by the attitude of the other staff!

Now the bad news – my friend had booked a table of 4 but at the last minute had an extra guest (me). I eat out a lot, both in high-end restaurants and low budget pubs / bistros and I have never been treated to such surliness and intransigence over providing one extra seat; not only were we told that this was not possible, but we were forced onto another table (when an extra seat on the table to which we were allocated would have been fine). We were then informed, with some venom, that we had to be out by 8pm! The time was not a problem as we were going to a show and already doubting our choice of dining venue, not to mention me feeling very embarrassed to be the cause of such unpleasantness.

When it came to ordering, the intransigence remained and the surliness grew worse - no, we could not change the unhealthy fries for a healthy salad; no, we could not opt to just not have the fries – they were a part of the meal and they would be put on the table whether we wanted them or not! Besides the rudeness of our designated waiter, I was offended by the gratuitous waste of food. When the food came it was unceremoniously dumped on the table with nary a smile or an “enjoy your meal”. I began to pray that they hadn’t spit in it, for they certainly appeared capable.

As said, the food was adequate – not great but what I would expect for the price. My vegetarian option was tasty and filling, and there were no complaints from the steak lovers. We did not stay for dessert, partly because we were pressed for time but partly because we wanted to get the hell out of there.

Since I live in Hong Kong and this was a rare visit to London I am unlikely to return, but even if I lived down the road I would not go back to this restaurant. People who treat their customers this badly do not deserve our patronage.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank GillianKew
United Kingdom
“What a meal!”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Great decor, great service, awesome food! The steaks were absolutely massive and cooked to perfection, I had the Kobe burger and it was lovely.

Visited July 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Great value for sunday lunch”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Good value on Sunday as they have a set menu, otherwise would recommend for a good steak anytime. pleasant surroundings

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank gilly220
London, United Kingdom
“this local restaurant is superb we love it”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Victor is making the difference he knows his clients and he cares about them.
The menu has a very good value and I had never a bad surprise.
Always good steaks and quick and effective service and being member in their club
pays.