“Very slow service”

Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: London Bridge
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Less than 5 minutes from the south side of Tower Bridge tube station, our restaurant is situated right in the middle of Shad Thames; a road flanked by historic warehouse buildings. Designed by the winners of our Fresh Talent competition the restaurant pulls inspiration from the streets surrounding the restaurant that sparked Charles Dickens’ Oliver Twist and the river boats on the River Thames, just a stone’s throw away. It’s a popular choice with the local community and ideal for business lunches, how versatile. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather. And tweet what you eat with WiFi available here (if you’re in to that).
London, United Kingdom
“Very slow service”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Average food, over priced for what it is and very very slow service. Plenty of other better restaurants on Shad Thames and in the area e.g. Blue Print Café, Bengal Clipper, Chop House

Visited July 2013
1 Thank twinkles_123

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Pleasant lunchtime meal”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great food, great service, nice location close to Tower Bridge in our favourite part of London. Great for having a stroll along the Thames after you have eaten too much to burn off those calories !!!. We dined as a family of four, kids both had pizzas, which were very large, I had Calzone and my wife had Lasagne, both of which were very nice. Would recommend the Calzone Carne Picante, this is my favourite dish at Zizzi.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great for Families”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Booked this place to go to with my husband for his 40th Birthday and my young son after another restaurant had a "NO CHILDREN after 5.30pm" Policy. Have been to Zizzi's restuarant before at other places and have always found they do great food and at a reasonable price. This is the first time I took my son and they had a really nice and simple children's menu including ice-cream (which my son couldn't wait to eat :) The place was almost empty when we arrived (well, it was 5.30pm and I suppose end of the working day for many office workers in that area) but it soon started to fill up. It obviously seemed a popular choice for families as there was already a family there when we arrived and I noted another 2 families came in later too. The place is clean and bright and the service was good and efficient. The only downside was that I e-mailed ahead of our visit to request a little mini birthday cake or some-kind of pudding surprise which normally restaurants are happy to do, even if its just ice-cream and a candle, as I wanted a little surprise for my husband at the end of the meal as we were celebrating his birthday, but unfortunately this didn't happen, but never mind.

Essex, United Kingdom
“Very nice food”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Went there on the Tuesday 8th April 2014 only had to wait under 5 min to be seated.

Nice food tried something new. served hot cool.

Would recommend this restaurant.

You get served by a few waiters and if you need something extra there very helpful.
(well done).

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Lovely Eating Place”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

First thing that hits you is the lovely décor and ambience. This is matched by the friendly and accommodating waiters and waitresses. Good menu but also had some specials which we tried: chicken kebab which came on a stand and was easy to pull it off. This is always a problem for me so I really could enjoy my kebab on this occasion. Also, we shared the sorbet dessert (also a special) and was really a palate cleanser and so refreshing. Would definitely have these dishes again. It's worth the money and a really nice place to have lunch. Hope to go there again soon.