“Best private venue in London, by a mile!”
Review of Vanilla

Vanilla
Ranked #4,990 of 22,552 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$58
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: VANILLA is an event space located minutes away from Great Portland Street. Available to hire during the day for meetings, presentations or product launches as well as every night of the week for birthdays,weddings, corporate or private celebrations. We offer a wide range of food format from canapes to sit down meal as well as a bespoke service according to our client's requirements. All menus, drinks list, costs and information are available on our website.
Melbourne, Australia
“Best private venue in London, by a mile!”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I wanted to throw a party in London to celebrate my 50th; we live in Australia and I hadn't been home for 2 years. My friend Peter found Vanilla and put me in touch with Matthieu the Manager. I arranged everything via email and phone with Matthieu and visited the club 4 days before the event. I sampled the wines and Peter had sampled the food prior to the event. I cannot fault any part of the evening; it went so smoothly, flawless! The club is as beautiful as it looks on the website and immaculately clean; the wine choice was varied and reasonably priced, as was the champagne. Matthieu gave good advice about the food selection of canapés, followed by bowl food and they were very happy to honour my request of another round of munchies at 11.30pm. Arranging balloons, our own band, a special "celeb" singer, birthday cakes, videos, speeches.......nothing was too much trouble. They even ordered a cab for us at the end of the night. The staff on the night were outstanding; as well as Matthieu, Benoit the Assistant Manager and Oya, our host gave a service level that you’d expect at the Ritz or Savoy without the stuffiness. They were discreet, timely, polite and simply delightful. They collected and stored my birthday cards for me, always made sure that I had a glass of bubbles in my hand; took care of one of my friends with the minimum of fuss when she went flying off the dance floor. I work in hospitality and event management so I had high expectations and I can honestly say that the team at Vanilla are one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of working with. The comments from my 120 guests were overwhelming. This venue is stylish, the technology is up to date, the staff are exceptional and it is amazing value for money. Look no further! Thank you Team Vanilla for making my 50th one of the best nights of my life!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Bertiebertram

London
“LOVELY PLACE - ARROGANT BOUNCERS”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a special brithday party at Vanilla, we were greeted on the door by two surly bouncers, and once names were given, we were in.

Venue is lovely, and is all in Vanilla, food was very good too....... The venue is perfect for a party. The only shame was that alot of the party goers felt the same, that the bouncers were very arrogant and unneccesarily rude... We are all middle aged people dancing, no trouble makers at all, and no bad vibes, so the bouncers didn't need to be so rude and arrogant.... But its obviously their own ego that they need to feed.

However, detracting from that, it was a great venue, and a lovely place for a party. Cloakroom staff were all lovely and very helpful.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank HottottyLondon
London, United Kingdom
“Small but perfectly formed portions of joy”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I often eat at Vanilla - usually on Friday lunchtime. The all white decor is stylish (though I am glad I am not in charge of housekeeping) and gives a very clubby atmosphere (nightclub, not gentlemen's club).

The food is always good but can best be described as small but perfectly formed - noone could complain the portions are too large. I particularly love the fish dishes, though the puddings are always a delight and most unusually for London restaurants the cheese board is worth consdering.

I don't tend to drink much at lunchtime, but the various light white and rose wines I have sampled have been light and fruity and went well with the summer meals. I moved over to red for the autumn and have not been disappointed.

The acoustics, like many London restaurants, make this a lively place rather than an intimate ones - if you want a tete a tete ask for one of the booths or side tables as the centre has lots of sound!

• Visited October 2011
London, United Kingdom
“I am really annoyed!”
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Well I don't know what the food taste like but I will never have a chance to try it. Tried to book it for a gathering with my cousins from HK about 3 weeks ago on the net and have heard nothing about it. About a week ago I tried to ring them to confirm, however I was put on answer phone, so I left a msg with my phone number. Still heard nothing from them. So I ring them last night and I was told that the online reservation is for enquiry and that my table is not booked!!! He didn't even make any adjustment!! What a joke!! He could have apologise and make some other arrangement. I only got 2 days left and I have to book another restaurant in a short period of time!!! I am so angry!!!

4 Thank jolovebee
London, UK
“Superb flavours at this restaurant”
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Vanilla Restaurant lives up to its name with white tables and chairs. Nice bar area too. We had perfectly cooked scallops and a tuna trio as starters, plus nicely presented lemon sole and John Dory to follow, with goopy choc fondant and superb intense flavours in passion fruit sorbet. We have a smooth rioja. Bread is charged extra at £1.50. Service from a citizen of Mayotte was attentive. In total we paid £110 for 2. I would go again.

1 Thank travellertopoland2