“Excellent staff and venue”
Review of Vanilla

Vanilla
Ranked #3,340 of 23,845 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$14 - US$62
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: VANILLA is an event space located minutes away from Great Portland Street. Available to hire during the day for meetings, presentations or product launches as well as every night of the week for birthdays,weddings, corporate or private celebrations. We offer a wide range of food format from canapes to sit down meal as well as a bespoke service according to our client's requirements. All menus, drinks list, costs and information are available on our website.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were guests at a 50th birthday ball - we were very impressed by all the staff (door, bar, general). They seamlessly managed looking after us all and dealing with the inevitable spillage of drink etc. They did this all of this with humour and good will.
Food was fantastic - cocktails delicious and a wonderful experience
Thanks to all involved.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I held my 40th birthday there and it was one of the best nights of my life! The food, drink and service were amazing and Matt, the manager, made sure it all went off like clockwork. We also hired a band and some gaming tables and Matt again made sure that the sound and general organisation were excellent. I've had stacks of emails since from guests telling me what a fantastic time they had. Thank you VANILLA!!

2  Thank Lucinda K
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We were guests at a family party on Saturday night.Just the right amount of 'pazaaz'. Silver and black decor gives it a nightclub feel, but bright and jolly.
Staff couldn't have been more accomodating. Hot canapes to begin with WERE hot and delicious. My husband's request for more spring rolls, and then for mustard for his salt beef were delivered quickly, with a smile. Buffet was varied and suited the occasion. We liked the slightly quieter are at the back of the room.Would recommend.

1  Thank steph c
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I wanted to throw a party in London to celebrate my 50th; we live in Australia and I hadn't been home for 2 years. My friend Peter found Vanilla and put me in touch with Matthieu the Manager. I arranged everything via email and phone with Matthieu and visited the club 4 days before the event. I sampled the wines and Peter had sampled the food prior to the event. I cannot fault any part of the evening; it went so smoothly, flawless! The club is as beautiful as it looks on the website and immaculately clean; the wine choice was varied and reasonably priced, as was the champagne. Matthieu gave good advice about the food selection of canapés, followed by bowl food and they were very happy to honour my request of another round of munchies at 11.30pm. Arranging balloons, our own band, a special "celeb" singer, birthday cakes, videos, speeches.......nothing was too much trouble. They even ordered a cab for us at the end of the night. The staff on the night were outstanding; as well as Matthieu, Benoit the Assistant Manager and Oya, our host gave a service level that you’d expect at the Ritz or Savoy without the stuffiness. They were discreet, timely, polite and simply delightful. They collected and stored my birthday cards for me, always made sure that I had a glass of bubbles in my hand; took care of one of my friends with the minimum of fuss when she went flying off the dance floor. I work in hospitality and event management so I had high expectations and I can honestly say that the team at Vanilla are one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of working with. The comments from my 120 guests were overwhelming. This venue is stylish, the technology is up to date, the staff are exceptional and it is amazing value for money. Look no further! Thank you Team Vanilla for making my 50th one of the best nights of my life!

2  Thank Bertiebertram
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a special brithday party at Vanilla, we were greeted on the door by two surly bouncers, and once names were given, we were in.

Venue is lovely, and is all in Vanilla, food was very good too....... The venue is perfect for a party. The only shame was that alot of the party goers felt the same, that the bouncers were very arrogant and unneccesarily rude... We are all middle aged people dancing, no trouble makers at all, and no bad vibes, so the bouncers didn't need to be so rude and arrogant.... But its obviously their own ego that they need to feed.

However, detracting from that, it was a great venue, and a lovely place for a party. Cloakroom staff were all lovely and very helpful.

3  Thank HottottyLondon