“I am really annoyed!”

Ranked #4,803 of 22,374 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$58
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: VANILLA is an event space located minutes away from Great Portland Street. Available to hire during the day for meetings, presentations or product launches as well as every night of the week for birthdays,weddings, corporate or private celebrations. We offer a wide range of food format from canapes to sit down meal as well as a bespoke service according to our client's requirements. All menus, drinks list, costs and information are available on our website.
London, United Kingdom
“I am really annoyed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

Well I don't know what the food taste like but I will never have a chance to try it. Tried to book it for a gathering with my cousins from HK about 3 weeks ago on the net and have heard nothing about it. About a week ago I tried to ring them to confirm, however I was put on answer phone, so I left a msg with my phone number. Still heard nothing from them. So I ring them last night and I was told that the online reservation is for enquiry and that my table is not booked!!! He didn't even make any adjustment!! What a joke!! He could have apologise and make some other arrangement. I only got 2 days left and I have to book another restaurant in a short period of time!!! I am so angry!!!

4 Thank jolovebee

London, UK
“Superb flavours at this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

Vanilla Restaurant lives up to its name with white tables and chairs. Nice bar area too. We had perfectly cooked scallops and a tuna trio as starters, plus nicely presented lemon sole and John Dory to follow, with goopy choc fondant and superb intense flavours in passion fruit sorbet. We have a smooth rioja. Bread is charged extra at £1.50. Service from a citizen of Mayotte was attentive. In total we paid £110 for 2. I would go again.

1 Thank travellertopoland2
Bristol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A haven in the city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

A beautiful concept, you enter the restaurant at pavement level and go down to the basement where you are greeted by the Maitre D. Everything is white! The floor, the seating, curtains divide each area of seating giving a feeling of intimacy in the spacious area. music is classy and not intrusive. you feel spoilt by the attention of the waitors the minute you sit down.
After we had had a drink we were shown in to a stunning black and white dining room.with either small cubicles or larger tables, extremely elegant yet intimate.
The food was second to none and beautifully presented. Even the cheeses board was a work of art! we shall definately be going again next time we're in the city. Many thanks to Mathieu for a great experience.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“beautiful bar....modern...funky...ooo and cocktail tasting menu is fab! The restaurant is again modern, funky and...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2008

beautiful bar....modern...funky...ooo and cocktail tasting menu is fab!
The restaurant is again modern, funky and intimate as only seats 30. The food gives pearl a run for their money and thats saying something...Heston is in the making with the chef Isi there...he's fantasic!! the food is amazing, the service spot on....can't wait to go back!!
ooo they also hyave a members club....sooo tempted!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook