“Great food, great value”

The Real Greek Marylebone
Ranked #619 of 22,827 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Description: Situated on Paddington Street, close to Madame Tussauds and the Hellenic Centre, The Real Greek Marylebone is located perfectly for escaping from the hectic shopping mecca of Oxford Street & Bond Street, being just a 7 minute walk away. With its modern, rustic and intimate interior mix and friendly staff, it is the ideal place to share a lovely meal with friends and family. Mezedes, Souvlakis, and Sharers are just some of the amazing variety of dishes available and with a wide selection of wines to complement the tastes and textures of the food, one can only emphasise that Marylebone is an experience not to be missed!
Strafford, Vermont
“Great food, great value”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I was surprised to find this restaurant rated in the 900s out of over 27,000 restaurants in London. Five of us reserved the homey wooden table in this small restaurant. The server was charming and helpful. We ordered a variety of meze plates to share, a couple of main lamb dishes, and a nice bottle of Greek wine and were astonished to receive a bill for £70. Real Greek is a small chain, but doesn't feel at all like it. Each site is different and has a character all its own. Two of our group ate at one in another part of London, and were equally enthusiastic. We'll definitely put this on the "regular" list.

Visited April 2014

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Wheeled in by my daughter and her partner I was a bit apprehensive having just spent some time in Greece, and, despite best intentions, again been a bit jaded by the lack of variation in Greek cuisine (tip, take a bottle of Tobasco with you!).

The Real Greek, which I gather is part of a small chain in London, was a revelation. Whilst the food was very traditionally Greek it did not disappoint. On the contrary it was really good - see some of the other reviews who expound on the food far better than I could. The mezze come in tall tower stands, which is extremely sensible on the relatively small tables.

Apart from the excellent and well priced food - or four of us we took a set menu for two, plus three other dishes, which was more than enough. The recommended Greek wine was good and sensibly priced, the ambience warm and very friendly, busy without being packed.

Overall an excellent and enjoyable visit and experience. Reaffirmed my enjoyment of Eastern Med cooking and food!

• Visited April 2014
Brighton
“Authentic”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I went here after work with my husband recently, we had booked but as it was 6pm it was really quiet. We were welcomed and made to feel at home. We ordered wine and a selection of cold and hot messes - the cold comes first, followed by the hot and they are served on a tower of plates, which makes life much easier. All the food was very authentic, good quality and well seasoned. Their Hummus is fantastic and I would highly recommend the meatballs and the belly pork, in particular. We shared a slice of cheesecake to finish, which was lovely.
The service was spot on - very friendly and informative and the pace was just right. The restaurant is cosy, nicely decorated and very clean and tidy.
The only downside for me was that I was a little chilly throughout the meal as the door had been propped open.
This was my second visit and will definitely be going back!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank miniboss2
Patchogue, New York
“Everything about the Marleybone was wonderful.”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

From check in, the Concierge Andreas, the room staff and breakfast with our server Elizabeth, everything at this hotel was superb. The hotel is centrally located and has all the facilities you could possibly need. Spa, gym, pool. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Informal dining, Delicious Greek selection”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I know its grown into a small chain, but I'm always drawn into this Real Greek for a great selection of Greek dishes that are always very fresh and appealing. Its got an informal atmosphere, and I like to order a selection of the small portion dishes including the old favourites of Tzatziki; Aubergines with Tomatoes; Salt cod; Kalamari; Bifteki (minced beef pati's) and followed by Chicken Souvlaki (in flatbread), and/or Lamb skewers, and accompanied by Greek Beer or Wine. It makes for a great evening of nibbling and trying different dishes and flavours. Its always busy and buzzing, so I recommend to book in advance. I usually visit with business colleagues/friends, or indulge myself alone occassionally and would say its also a great venue for couples and groups and families.

• Visited January 2014