“It's definately not an enjoyable hotel”
Review of Central Park Hotel

Ranked #985 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

If you just wanna save money, this is the place you can go. I first misunderstood it to another central park hotel, cause there are two with the same name but in totally different style. However i found i had made a mistake after i had reserved it. So i try to persuade myself like staying in a youth hostle, which i had never stayed since graduation of college.
If you wanna use wifi, you need to stay in the lobby. And in the room, all the equipments are very basic. The wall is shabby and thin. Luckily, its location is great that you can easily reach any bus or tube. I would recommand it to those who wanna have a budget journey, cause i just paid about £56 for a triple room and the breakfast was inclusive.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liutzujen
There are newer reviews for Central Park Hotel

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We were trying to find a hotel in Central London to watch a show. Spending as little as possible but of reasonable standard. This seemed ideal but reviews were not great. Went ahead anyway due to its location to the bayswater tube (Central line). This is ideal for shopping or to see tourist sights with only a few tube stops.

Hotel is very presentable in the lobby and has a bar.

The outside is having refurbishment and scaffolding is an eyesore but it must be done at some point!

Room is perfectly good and I cannot understand some expectations on other reviews. Clean, tidy, good size, tea/coffee. But it was too hot for us in the room. It has air con but as usual 18 is the lowest setting, we need more like 12. The one above the bed was newly installed but not connected up I was told by reception. The bathroom is hotter than the sun! You can't open the windows in our room on ground floor. You must switch on the sockets in the rooms hallway for items like the hair dryer to work we found out!

They have free 'manned' storage for baggage before check in or after check out. Items are left safely.

If your expectations for around 80-100 a night are 'perfection' then get a grip.

Otherwise I recommend this hotel for location & value.

I will be booking again on our next stay.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Omg,, very rude staff on arrivel..our room was so old the curtains fell of the rail when we closed them..the noise over night was so bad we nwver slept., paper thin walls..I needed another shower after having a shower in the mouldy bathroom...breakfast was ok,, but a better range every few days would have been better,, the write up in the web site was so false,, no 24 hr room service,, no bar..no fright and tea and coffee in the rooms,, not even a glass for a drinknof water...never again...even advised travel agent..dont reccommend this place to my worset enermy..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank julie p
Reviewed 13 July 2014

my wife, myself and daughter stayed here on the 11th july 2014, stayed for one night and would not stay there again paid £150 for the room. The toilet took 30 minute to fill up with water so you could flush it, The shower was not cleaned properly and also the towels put out for us looked like they were put out without washing them as white towels with black marks all over them (8 towels all dirty)

Room Tip: check reviews first
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank liv3rpoolfc
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My partner and I booked a double room here for 1 night through travelrepublic for £50. We stayed after wireless festival and I have to say we probably wouldnt stay again. The sheets had blood marks on them, the bathroom was dirty and so were the towels. These rooms if booked through the actual website would have been £120 which we definitely wouldnt pay. The staff werent too friendly either staring at us and they shouted at one couple infront of the other guests. The only positive was the room size, the en suite was huge and the location being right next to the festival. All in all it was ideal for the one night but no more.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KLou116
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Great location to finsbury park, rooms are very basic but were clean and comfy and I felt safe staying there. Amazing value for money for London would 100% stay here again for any event at or near finsbury park.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights in a family room last weekend with my 17 year old son and his friend while they enjoyed The Wireless Festival...The hotel is very basic: old bedroom furniture and a tired en-suite, with no kettle, hairdryer etc, but it had hot water, clean sheets on comfy beds and a flushing loo!!!..For me this beats camping so if we had gone to another festival I wouldn't of had any of this, so wasn't going to complain!!!...So if you need a hotel which is safe for teenagers and very close to Finsbury Park and you are prepare to go basic then this is ideal and would recommend.

Room Tip: Room 501 is a family en-suite room which is spacious but remember: basic, tired and noisy with the w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family