“Very very budget accommodation”

Central Park Hotel@Finsbury Park
Ranked #990 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I recently stayed there for 5 nights and did not enjoy it very much. Whilst it's close to a tube station, it is in terrible part of London. The room was very dirty, and the bathroom was so small I barely for in it. The wifi was extremely poor even in the lobby. It is at best one star above a youth hostel

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Albie1k

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed in the last week of July for 8 nights on an upper floor. The room had no airconditioning or fans which made sleeping uncomfortable on the hot nights. There was no fridge or wireless access in my room and the noise from other rooms but particularly the corridor outside was excessive due to the paper thin walls.

The lift was not working so I had to drag my luggage up a staircase of 30 steps, then down another 2 steps. The breakfast was adequate yet basic.

Room Tip: Request a room on the ground floor to get a fridge and possibly access to wifi from the reception ar...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Katherine H
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our travel agent booked this hotel due to its proximity to Central London. It is a 5 minute walk from the Finsbury Park tube station and is close to a great pub, bakeries, and and a Costas Coffee outlet. That was the highlight of this hotel.
We were less than impressed with the hotel itself. Our room was located close to a hallway door which made an incredibly loud slamming noise when people left. The walls were paper thin, and we did not have any hot water for one day. None of us had a decent sleep during our stay. The room itself was very small for a family of four, and it needed a good cleaning.
Breakfast is included, but be forewarned that it is very basic with one type of cereal, some ham and cheese, and bread for toast. Tea, juice, and instant coffee is included.
This is the perfect hotel to stay at if you are on a tight budget, and wish to save money. It wasn't a huge issue for our family because we spent very little time in our room. However, I would not go to this hotel for a stay over three days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

If you just wanna save money, this is the place you can go. I first misunderstood it to another central park hotel, cause there are two with the same name but in totally different style. However i found i had made a mistake after i had reserved it. So i try to persuade myself like staying in a youth hostle, which i had never stayed since graduation of college.
If you wanna use wifi, you need to stay in the lobby. And in the room, all the equipments are very basic. The wall is shabby and thin. Luckily, its location is great that you can easily reach any bus or tube. I would recommand it to those who wanna have a budget journey, cause i just paid about £56 for a triple room and the breakfast was inclusive.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liutzujen
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We were trying to find a hotel in Central London to watch a show. Spending as little as possible but of reasonable standard. This seemed ideal but reviews were not great. Went ahead anyway due to its location to the bayswater tube (Central line). This is ideal for shopping or to see tourist sights with only a few tube stops.

Hotel is very presentable in the lobby and has a bar.

The outside is having refurbishment and scaffolding is an eyesore but it must be done at some point!

Room is perfectly good and I cannot understand some expectations on other reviews. Clean, tidy, good size, tea/coffee. But it was too hot for us in the room. It has air con but as usual 18 is the lowest setting, we need more like 12. The one above the bed was newly installed but not connected up I was told by reception. The bathroom is hotter than the sun! You can't open the windows in our room on ground floor. You must switch on the sockets in the rooms hallway for items like the hair dryer to work we found out!

They have free 'manned' storage for baggage before check in or after check out. Items are left safely.

If your expectations for around 80-100 a night are 'perfection' then get a grip.

Otherwise I recommend this hotel for location & value.

I will be booking again on our next stay.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Omg,, very rude staff on arrivel..our room was so old the curtains fell of the rail when we closed them..the noise over night was so bad we nwver slept., paper thin walls..I needed another shower after having a shower in the mouldy bathroom...breakfast was ok,, but a better range every few days would have been better,, the write up in the web site was so false,, no 24 hr room service,, no bar..no fright and tea and coffee in the rooms,, not even a glass for a drinknof water...never again...even advised travel agent..dont reccommend this place to my worset enermy..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank julie p
Reviewed 13 July 2014

my wife, myself and daughter stayed here on the 11th july 2014, stayed for one night and would not stay there again paid £150 for the room. The toilet took 30 minute to fill up with water so you could flush it, The shower was not cleaned properly and also the towels put out for us looked like they were put out without washing them as white towels with black marks all over them (8 towels all dirty)

Room Tip: check reviews first
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family