“Great lunch ”

Randall & Aubin Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Randall & Aubin Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #340 of 24,096 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$35 - US$70
Cuisines: French, Seafood, British
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Randall and Aubin offers the freshest seafood and succulent roasts complemented with a carefully selected wine list that ranges from old favourites to new discoveries. On Sundays you can enjoy our delicious brunch menu accompanied by a delicious Bloody Mary. We also offer catering service and take-away delivery. For more information visit our website.
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Took a client for a relaxed lunch. Being a French seafood eatery with stools and a mirror ball it is a bit different but the food and service are great and I will definitely be back although May to introduce my other half as she is a fan if French fish stew.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Based around the very busy brewer street / soho area, it's s no booking/just queue restaurant.
On the plus side, it's buzzing, full of energy, and always busy. Staff are young, trendy, and generally good.
Downside is that food is slightly more expensive relative to the true quality, but still good.
Biggest problem is the seating - it's a converted butcher - and the interior is quite small. To maximise seating, they have tables like ledges around the walls, where you sit awkwardly with your guest (never really works with more than 2 of you, as most seats are in pairs, and to get more people in, you might have to let other couples slip ahead of you while you wait, while you stare at the group nearing the dessert course, who you want to finish so you can eat..). :).
Also, the queue forms inside the door, and they serve you wine while you wait standing. This is so that you don't get tempted to walk out to another restaurant. Kind of a good sales technique..!
However, the consequence of standing in a line in such a small place, is that you are inevitably right next to a couple tucking into their food, and trying to enjoy a romantic private conversation. Bit tricky..! There's only so many times you can stare at the ceiling and admire the light fixtures.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Love coming here with friends. Lobster and chips the best and the seafood so fresh! The Manager and the staff are great, they always have a smile and a great attitude with the customers.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

A friend and I chanced upon this restaraunt, as we walked around exploring London, we shared the steak and a side sald, which was more than enough! and had the chocolate cake. Really lovely interior and friendly welcoming staff. I would definatly go again to try the sea food, the lady next to me had a ordered a three tier sea food platter and it looked delicious! The wine list was very easy to read and had good options for all the food on offer.

1  Thank 0Devika
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was invited to dine at Randall & Aubin and I have been pleasantly surprised to discover what is, now, one of my favourite in Soho. As charming Chef Ed Baines explained, the restaurant was previously a butcher shop and the space preserves now some of the feature of its past (the white tiles, the marble, the open kitchen where, I like to imagine, the main counter used to be). A quirky detail for a seafood restaurant, but I promise, it works. R&A was opened in 1996 and it became quickly famous for the offer of 6 oysters and one glass of Champagne for £7.50: when I am told, I cannot stop thinking this place was closer to Paradise than I expected. Have a look at the website for today’s prices and dishes: http://www.randallandaubin.co.uk/menus/menu.pdf.
The welcome is warm, which makes my balancing on the stools a little easier. The cuisine is traditional, almost all about fish. Chef Baines does not want to mess up with what is already great, but he wants to just do it to perfection.
Our menu:
Oysters – I love them and these were some of the freshest I have ever tasted in London (and believe me, I am one of the most sensitive person about oysters you could possibly find in the globe)
Starter: pan fried scallops and giant prawns with peas, asparagus and a scallop’s puree. Just a beauty.
Main: Cod in banana leaf with rice and mango. The dish preserved very much the mere taste of the fish, which I liked in the mix with the mango leaf. A nice inspiration from the Chef’s recent trip in the far East.
The service was excellent – warm, polite, quick, discrete and friendly.
The ambience was enhanced by a vibrant music beat, a little David Guetta’s style. The music was not too loud, though, so conversation was more then enjoyable.
As every good dinner, excellent company made it even better, I have to admit. Quite legitimate, don’t you think?
I would definitely recommend Randall & Aubin, I believe it is just the greatest spot for a dinner before a night out in Soho.

1  Thank AnnalisaMae